Maybe you know that cigarette smoking causes breathing problems and causes lung cancer, but did you know that it makes you more susceptible to a heart attack? Read on to find out what the damage of smoking on the heart and how can you quit smoking?
What the damage of smoking on the heart?
Did you know that as a result of smoking occurs nearly 1 to 5 deaths due to diseases of the heart, which makes every cigarette you smoke is a step closer to heart disease; and smokers are more susceptible to heart disease two to four times compared to non-smokers, and the risk is greater for women who smoke and have pills.
Does not affect cigarette smoking, you’re just as a dick smoker, it affects around you also, where you can cause passive smoking heart disease and lung cancer in people who do not smoke as it affects debtors.
The nicotine in the smoke when it is consumed its effect will be as follows:
- Cause reduce the amount of oxygen that reaches your heart.
- Causes high blood pressure.
- Causes the acceleration of heart rate.
- Cause an increase in the incidence of blood clots, which may result in the occurrence of heart attacks or strokes.
- Cause damage to the blood vessels, including blood vessels in the heart.
Read also: the effect of smoking on health, you should know
How to help quit smoking to reduce heart disease?
After a little while of tension decreases the risk of heart disease or high blood pressure, during almost a year to two years of stopping smoking will be your chances of getting heart disease is much lower.
In addition to that helps you stop smoking to be less susceptible to lung cancer and many other cancers, emphysema, and many other serious situations.
Read also: the dangers of smoking on the body will make you think twice
How can you stop smoking?
Now that we answered the question of what the damages of smoking on the heart, here is how to stop smoking to reduce this damage:
- Select a date to quit smoking and adhere to this material.
- You can stop smoking gradually in the beginning and before the date of departure that you select to pave your body withdrawal symptoms of nicotine from them.
- Write down the reasons you quit smoking, you can read these reasons every day to remember your goals over the long term, or when you feel the need to smoke.
- You can keep a note with some details about the Times that I used to smoke it, and the Times that you feel that want to go back to smoking and what is it that drives you to smoke.
- Make a list of things that you can do instead of smoking, such as chewing gum or eating hard candy or use Swan teeth to occupy yourself to stop smoking.
- Consult your doctor about using the nicotine patch or nicotine gum during the first period of you quit smoking.
- Then search and join the group support to quit smoking, and tell your family members and those close to you to move these to get support.
- Remove everything that reminds you of smoking and motivates you it, cost and cigarettes.
May be the first days of quitting are the hardest, but it’s worth some trouble; you may buy cigarettes and may influence the symptoms of quitting smoking it heavily during the first days, but once you pass this stage you’ll feel better, your body will start to recover, as it will depend on the absence of cigarettes.
Read Also: What are the symptoms of Quit Smoking?
You may still want to smoke from time to time, especially with certain people or during the attitudes adopted a smoking; if you smoke again don’t feel discouraged, you can start again, and this time write down the mistakes or situations that led you back to smoking again.
Finally, don’t despair, most people who quit smoking didn’t leave him the first time, and to find out answers to more questions similar to what the harms of smoking on the heart you can consult one of our doctors here.