- The Sun that followed US gold yellow, certainly we are aware of the importance of Health in our lives, especially for children in the stages of their development first, and their physical General, and the bones of their own.
Notice some mothers delayed their children on the date of the appearance of the teeth compared to their brethren or their peers, the curvature evident in the legs, and also a delay in the closing of even a child’s head. Is it possible that these signs signal the presence of osteomalacia in a child “Rickets” is?
So, what is osteomalacia in children? And its causes and its symptoms? What are the methods of prevention and treatment nurse?
Let’s learn more through this article on many of the important facts and guidelines followed for the Prevention of osteomalacia in children.
Osteomalacia in children
Soft or softening of the bone “Rickets”, the meaning of his name, a softness in the bones of the child are represented through certain symptoms are very clear, causing pain in the bone and delayed in his development, with his broken bones are frequent.
May get big in that case in what are known as soft bones in adults “osteomalacia”
Causes of soft bones in children
Note that this disease has increased the incidence significantly in modern times this is due to the increase of rapid technological development, the desire of the person breathing as quickly as possible, the development transport multi-key in the lives of many people, which in turn reduces the human exposure to sunlight rich in vitamin D, in addition to relying on foods quick to prepare and ready in most of the time.
From the foregoing, it appears to US obvious group of injury causes soft bones in children, it is for these reasons:
- A deficiency of vitamin “D”: it is considered the primary reason behind the incidence of this disease, and deficiency in calcium salts, and treatment of deficiency of vitamin “D” because :
- Lack of exposure to sunlight adequately.
- Some of the reasons linked to factors genes or certain genetic such as the presence of patients with a history of infection.
- Children born to the birth of the early “preterm children”.
- Some medications affect the absorption of vitamin D in the body like medication phenytoin and Phenobarbital.
- Chronic disease in dogs or liver.
- Celiac disease: where he works to prevent the absorption of calcium.
- Processes of the digestive system which forced doctors in to remove part of the intestine leading to infection Bmalabsorption.
The symptoms of the disease
These may not be symptoms in the beginning of the incidence of soft bones in children, has shown some of late, and these symptoms:
- Late years in the growth of the child, or delay in the appearance of the teeth.
- The short and the tall.
- The occurrence of frequent fractures in the child.
- The curvature in The Shape of the legs.
- Delayed closure of the fontanelle in the child.
- Frequent infections in the lung.
- Curvature is evident in the bones of the rib cage.
- Bulges in the abdomen.
- General weakness and muscle aches.
The diagnosis of the disease
The doctor will take a history of the child and then will examine it and when there is no treatment for osteomalacia in children will order some tests, including:
- X-rays of the bones.
- Laboratory tests of the salts of calcium, phosphate, and also the level of vitamin D in blood samples.
- Bone density testing – and being this test is always – “DEXA Scan”.
- Blood tests as certain types of osteomalacia in children be accompanied by certain diseases in the kidneys, liver or hair loss.
Treatment of osteomalacia in children
After confirmation of the diagnosis of the child’s soft bones, you should begin the treatment and follow-up as soon as possible, with not be underestimated with the treatment as it is possible to require many of the complications associated with the disease, e.g., inflammation of the lung, the occurrence of pain and cramps in the bones and the spine.
Is the treatment of this disease through:
- Increase the nutritional content of foods rich in vitamin D and calcium salts, phosphates
- Powered by food medicine aid doctor says as according to the needs of the child and the age of certain doses.
- In the case of the presence of abnormalities in the bone may be the use of a device or a corset of bone to help in the treatment of these abnormalities.
How to keep my child from injury Blaine bones
Can prevention of the incidence of soft bones in children through:
- Eating foods rich in vitamin D foods rich in calcium, as derivatives of milk, eggs, fish, sesame.
- Exposure to the sun for enough especially in the early morning for 20 minutes a day at least.
- The intake of supplements fortified with vitamin “D” in the case of the suffering child malnutrition.
God bless you and the dress of Health and wellness..
- NHS (2018) Rickets and osteomalacia, Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rickets-and-osteomalacia/ (Accessed: 26 Oct. 2019).
- Healthline Media UK (2018) Everything you need to know about rickets, Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/176941.php (Accessed: 26 Oct. 2019).