It may be difficult to figure out the best foods you eat when the incidence of diabetes. Therefore people wonder always about what food is appropriate for diabetics , let’s act together in this article about foods that help in maintaining sugar level in blood outlets.
What is the food appropriate for diabetic patients?
Here are the best foods for diabetes Type I and II:
What food is appropriate for patients with diabetes from the carbs?
- Best choices: whole grains, such as brown rice or oats or quinoa or millet or amaranth, baked sweet potatoes items made from whole grains and containing no (or little ones) contain sugar.
- Worst choice: processed grains, like white rice or white flour, white bread, french fries, tortilla chips, white fried.
- Best options: cheat fresh, eaten raw, or steamed, or roasted, or roasted, frozen vegetables cook steamed lightly.
- Vegetables such as, kale, spinach, watercress, lettuce, canned vegetables low-sodium, or unsalted.
What food is appropriate for diabetics of the fruit?
- Best options: fresh fruit, fruit, frozen, or canned fruit, sugar-free, or jam low-sugar, or apple juice archives without the addition of sugar.
- Worst choices: canned fruit with sugar syrup is heavy, jam, plain, jelly, apple juice local.
Read Also: methods of prevention of diabetes.
- You have a lot of good choices: vegetable proteins such as beans, nuts, seeds, or tofu.
- Animal proteins: fish, seafood, chicken and other poultry (choose meat breast if possible), eggs and low-fat dairy products. If you eat meat, choose low-fat, and remove skin from poultry.
- Worst choices: fried meats, high doses of the meat, such as ribs, regular cheese, poultry with skin, fried fish, fried tofu.
Read Also: What are the consequences of diabetes?
What food is appropriate for diabetics from the Albanians?
- The best choices: 1% or skim milk, low-fat yogurt, low-fat cheese, sour cream non-fat.
- Worse choices: whole milk, yogurt full fat, cottage cheese full fat, sour cream full-fat ice cream full-fat.
Read Also: How to treat diabetes?
Oils, fats and sweets
Best choices: natural sources of fat vegetable, such as nuts, seeds or avocado (rich in calories, so keep portions small), foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon, or tuna, or mackerel, vegetable oils, such as canola or grape seed, or olive oils.
Worst options: anything that contains trans fat, it’s bad for your heart, so check the list of ingredients in search of anything partially hydrogenated even if it says they contain 0 grams of trans fats, large portions of saturated fats, which come mainly from animal products but also present in coconut oil and palm oil. Ask your doctor about the limit that must be it, especially if you suffer from heart disease and diabetes.
Better options: water that is not flavored or sparkling water flavored, unsweetened tea with or without lemon slice, coffee, black or with low-fat milk and sugar.
Worst options: regular soft drinks, and cocktails, tea and coffee with sugar and cream, coffee flavored drinks, chocolate, and energy drinks.
Also read: diabetes and its types and how to treat it.
What food is appropriate for diabetics to have?
Meal planning for diabetics is your guide on the date, the time of eating, the amount of food that you need while maintaining the level of blood sugar in the target range. Take the meal plan good in mind your goals, among, the style of your life, and also the medications you are taking. You may want to plan for regular meals and balanced to avoid high or low blood sugar levels. Can help eating the same amount of carbohydrates at each meal.
Read Also: diet for diabetics.
In the end, we have clarified in this article What is the appropriate food for diabetics and how to choose a balanced diet in order to maintain the level of sugar in the blood, and if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.