The color and shape of your teeth are of great importance in the composition of your smile is brilliant, if you suffer from yellow teeth affect the overall shape of your teeth and want to know the cause of this yellowing, you’ll learn through provided on the answer to your question ” what causes yellowing of the teeth? ” How to treat this yellowing prevention.
What causes yellowing of the teeth?
There are many reasons for the discoloration and yellowing of the teeth, it is for these reasons:
Foods and drinks:
Coffee, tea, colas, wines and certain fruits and vegetables (like apples and potatoes), can cause pigmentation and yellowing of your teeth.
Smoking and tobacco use:
Smoking or chewing tobacco can be a major cause of pigmentation and yellowing of the teeth.
Poor dental health:
Negligence of cleaning the teeth daily can cause discoloration and pigmentation of the teeth, whether the neglect to use the brush or floss your teeth or neglecting to use antiseptic mouthwash.
Can perform many of the diseases that affect tooth enamel (the hard surface of the teeth) and dentin of the teeth (basic material under the enamel), to change the color of your teeth.
Some of the materials used at the dentist:
See “what causes yellowing of the teeth? ” You should also know that some of the materials used at the dentist, such as filling amalgam and, particularly materials containing silver sulfide, can cause teeth discoloration in gray.
With your progress at work, eroded the outer layer of enamel on your teeth, to reveal the natural yellow color of the year.
Excessive use for (treatment with fluoride, use a lotion that contains fluoride, toothpaste that contains fluoride, and fluoride that are taken by mouth) can cause discoloration and pigmentation of the teeth.
Know dental trauma:
For example, can harm the damage caused by the fall of the child on his teeth composition of enamel in young children who still have their teeth grow, and can cause shock also change the color of the teeth of adults.
Can certain treatments and medicines can also affect the color of teeth for example:
- Can cause treatment radiation to the neck areas or chemical treatment to change the color of your teeth.
- Can cause some infection that affects expectant mothers, discoloration of teeth in infant community through the impact on the growth of tooth enamel child.
- It is known that antibiotics such as tetracycline anddoxycycline alters the teeth when you give it to the kids who still have their teeth grow (before the age of two).
- Use a mouthwash that contains chlorhexidine andchloride cetyl period can also cause pigmentation and yellowing of the teeth.
- Antihistamines (such as Benadryl.), medications, antipsychotic, medication for high blood pressure also cause discoloration and yellowing of teeth.
How to prevent yellowing of teeth
After you know the answer to your question “what causes yellowing of the teeth? ” You can avoid this in the future, by making some simple changes in lifestyle, to be able to prevent yellowing of the pigmentation of your teeth. For example:
- If you are a coffee drinker or a smoker, consider quitting smoking.
- Improve the style of brushing your teeth, by brushing and flossing and use mouthwash daily, and clean your teeth when your dentist every 6 months.
- If seemed your teeth color is not normal without explanation, in the case of the presence of other symptoms also, make an appointment to see the dentist.
Read also: what is the best way to whiten teeth at home?
Treat the yellowing teeth
Options may vary teeth whitening treatment depending on the cause of the yellowing and discoloration of the teeth, and these treatments:
- Use the techniques of brushing and flossing.
- Avoid foods and beverages that cause stains and shocks.
- Use the filler of bleach.
- The use of shell as white as a veneer veneers.
- Use the materials to bleach the teeth is recommended to them the nature of your teeth.
- Do teeth whitening at the dentist.
Now that you know the answer to your question “what causes yellowing of the teeth? ” You are introduced to the methods of treatment, if you have a query, you can consult one of our doctors here.