The symptoms of neuritis vary according to the affected nerve and thus varies with the method of treatment, we will in this article about neuropathy and its symptoms and what are its causes?
What is the inflammation of the nerves
Is a broad term used to describe inflammation of the peripheral nerves, which are nerves outside the brain and spinal cord, which are responsible for carrying signals from different areas of the body to brain or vice versa.
Causes inflammation of the nerves
There are several reasons behind the infection of the nerve in its different forms it is for these reasons:
Symptoms of inflammation of the nerves
Recognize the symptoms of inflammation of the nerves on which nerve is affected nerve, for example:
Inflammation of sensory nerves
Accompanies this type of inflammation is a sensation of tingling or a fire or crunching that is usually worse at night, aggravated by touch or temperature change.
The inflammation of motor nerves
Vespa symptoms ranging from muscle weakness to total paralysis.
Inflammation of the optic nerves
In the case of the optic nerves to inflammation as a result of multiple sclerosis or inflammation of the optic nerve and spinal cord, the patients will suffer from:
- Loss of vision in one eye, which can vary from mild to severe and last for 7 to 10 days.
- Pain around the eyes, often made worse by eye movements.
- Inability to see colors correctly.
- See the lights shining in one or both eyes.
Inflammation of the nerves of the inner ear
In the event you know the nerves of the inner ear inflammation as a result of infection or a blow on the ear, the patient will suffer from:
- Balance problems and hearing, the patients may suffer with a sense that everything around you, talking.
- Problems with vision and focus and blurred vision.
Neuritis of the sixth
In the case of nerve VII (the facial nerve) inflammation as a result of an infection in the ear or infection of the chickenpox virus which caused Bell’s palsy, the patients will suffer from:
- Drooping of one side of the face and inability to open or close the eye on the affected side.
- Difficulty in eating and drinking.
- The inability to process facial expressions, such as evaporation or pout.
Inflammation of the brachial plexus
In the case of the brachial plexus inflammation as a result of a cancerous tumor at the top of the lung or damage a sharp in the neck, the patient will suffer from:
- Severe pain in the upper arm, or shoulder, and after a few hours or days, the pain to pressure, or paralysis in the muscles of the arm or injured shoulder.
- Lack of muscle control in the shoulder or arm.
- Lack of sensation or feeling in the shoulder or arm.
Inflammation of the lumbar nerves
In the event you know the nerves of the lumbar inflammation as a result of infection or slipped disc like sciatica, the patient will suffer from:
- Pain the lower back.
- Weakness in the muscles of the thigh and foot.
- Feeling tingling in the bottom of the body.
- Impotence sometimes.
How is the diagnosis of inflammation of the nerves
Will vary according to the type of inflammation of the nerves and the infected area, but the doctor begins by taking a set of detailed medical history, physical examination and range of tests such as:
- Blood tests various.
- An MRI of the spine.
- Hearing evaluation or audiogram.
- The layout of the nerves and EMG.
- Taking a biopsy of the nerve.
Treatment of inflammation of the nerves
This will depend on the type of symptoms of inflammation of the nerves that appeared to have the patient with the type of inflammation of the nerves and the reason therefore, it is important to see your doctor so you can choose the best treatment for you.
Medications and natural remedies and lifestyle changes and surgery are the treatments most commonly used, medicines include pain relievers, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, antiviral drugs, medication motion sickness treat vertigo.
May recommend physical therapy to restore muscle strength and relieve pain, and recommend changes to the lifestyle to those who be their symptoms due to malnutrition or diabetes or vascular disease, while surgery may be recommended in severe cases.
- Hearing Choices () Neuritis, Available at: https://www.hearingchoices.com.au/hearing-loss/neuritis/ (Accessed: 1 Nov. 2019).
- University of Illinois-Chicago (2017) Optic Neuritis, Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/optic-neuritis?fbclid=IwAR12rio_UYOZf7nV968w05gtwlTXYORVTtVfWZFSR77aOVENjh7kU_tyLDM (Accessed: 1 Nov. 2019).
- NHS (2019) provide vestibular neuronitis, Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vestibular-neuronitis/?fbclid=IwAR029jTpwH0jXOkHR8rXcma0OXIk3WWw9e77vcpYVIdfYcQQtGYZo7LVEls (Accessed: 1 Nov. 2019).
- Seunggu Han (2019) Bell’s Palsy: What Causes It and How Is It Treated?, Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/bells-palsy#symptoms (Accessed: 1 Nov. 2019).