Just thinking the word cancer is chilling, but it has become a reality facing the other, so everyone should know everything about it, because according to studies made by the American Cancer Society wounded about 23 thousand, 820 the case of brain tumors, malignant that can spread and become in the later cancer of the spine which occurs by ten fold of the initial cancer, and this type of the relatively rare type where not one man of all 140 men, and one out of every 180 lady.
In this article we will cancer of the spine we what are the symptoms of cancer of the spine, and what kinds, and what are spinal tumors, and cancer of the spine, fatal.
What is cancer of the spine
Is a mass of cells abnormal in any of the parts of the spine either canal of the spinal or paragraphs, or tissue surrounding the spine, can be malignant tumors or benign, part, diagnosis, have the doctor know what kind.
Types of cancer of the spine
There are two main types of cancer of the spine and both share the same symptoms of cancer of the spine: –
- Cancer of the spine the main which originates in the spine, which is kind of relatively rare and usually the cancer is benign.
- Cancer of the spine the third is that which arises as a result of the transmission of cancer cells from the body to the spine, which are often of lung cancer, or breast, or colon, or prostate, in which case the tumor is malignant and can be up to 90%.
Read also pain in the ear in a plane causes how to prevent
Tumors of the spine benign
Of types of tumors which affect the spinal column, are the polyps, which although benign and can spread in other parts of the body however the tumor is causing pain, due to instability of the spine, such as:
- Tumors meningeal.
- The bony tumors.
- Glioblastoma vascular.
- Epithelial tumors.
- Tumors meningeal.
- Tumors Starbursts.
Tumor vascular blood circulation in the spine
Growing vascular tumors, usually in the bones of the spine either in the upper part until the central region, or in the lower region (lumbar), and rarely occurs in the cervical region (neck), occurs 10%, and mostly be benign, and not showing any symptoms in most cases, the symptoms appear after the arrival of the tumor to after the bones of the vertebrae leading to pressure on the nerves are shown some of the symptoms such as: –
- Pain spreading in the arms or legs.
- Anesthesia and numbness in the arm.
- Lack of bowel or bladder control.
Is cancer a fatal spinal
Like any type of cancer is life threatening and is the cause of death, as it might be a reason to return even after treatment, which be in several forms such as treatment with surgery by removing the tumor or the chemo or the present or treatment to the discretion of the doctor for each case.
Risk factors that increase the chances of cancer of the spine
To now did not expect the doctors to the real reason behind the infection, but the swing that there are some factors of risk that lead to develop cancer of the spine, such as:
- Genetic disorders that are not related to tumors of the spinal cord.
- Genetic factors are not a strong factor in their injury.
- The presence of disorders in the immune system.
- Having a history of previous injury to one of the other cancers such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, and lung cancer.
- Exposure to radiation therapy before.
Cancer symptoms of the spine
May vary symptoms of cancer of the spine from person to person depending on the size of the tumor, type, and location of where he grew up, the history and heredity of the patient, so you can’t rely on the symptoms of cancer of the spine being fixed at all, may vary in intensity and severity depending on the stage, and may appear quickly or the display shows one after the other gradually, but remain these symptoms are the most common:
- The feeling of pain in the back or neck or arm or leg, and the feeling of pain is the strongest, most symptoms of cancer of the spine.
- Due to the pressure caused by a tumor on the spinal cord shows a feeling of tingling or numbness in the extremities like arms or legs.
- The feeling of tightness in the muscles.
- Loss of sensation at times.
- Feeling very difficult in the car.
- The inability to stand.
- Urinary incontinence.
- The occurrence of abnormalities in the spine.
- The patient feels from within symptoms of cancer of the spine that doesn’t know where the feet but they appear with more advanced stages of the tumor, in addition to the loss of full control (paralysis).
Read also know the disease of osteoarthritis
Cancer symptoms of the spine and pelvis
Affect cancer of the spine on the pelvis and bladder, resulting in the appearance of some of the symptoms of cancer of the spine on them such as:
- Having difficulty in urination.
- Stop the work of the intestine.
- Stop the bladder from working.
- Feeling intense pain in the pelvis.
- The presence of heaviness in the pelvic area.
When to consult a doctor immediately
Is the pain of the most prominent symptoms of cancer of the spine, but there are some symptoms that indicate the need to consult a doctor urgent, such as: –
- Feeling pain in the back area of the unprovoked lasts for several weeks vary in intensity but it persists even with rest.
- Weight loss for no reason.
- The inability to stand.
“After learning about the symptoms of cancer of the spine if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned, you or someone close to you should visit a doctor immediately for proper treatment”.
The diagnosis of cancer of the spine
After note the appearance of the symptoms of cancer of the spine, and the doctor and his record of the patient’s pathological heredity, if you like it the presence of a tumor in the spine patient undergoes several examinations to ascertain whether he was benign or malignant and that some of those tests for a proper diagnosis: –
- Computerized tomography: to obtain images of the spine in detail, which will provide the presence of a tumor or changes to the spinal cord or canal, usually using a CT scan in this test to confirm.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: to obtain accurate images of the spine and surrounding nerves, and spinal cord, and tissues, to determine the type of tumor.
- Biopsy: this procedure is a point of separation to determine the type of tumor, its size is because the doctor gets a sample of small tissue found in a tumor of the spine, and examined under a microscope.
Methods of treatment of cancer of the spine
An operation to remove the tumor from the spine
Is the step that sees all doctors should do, because in some cases it can be the tumor poses a great danger to the spinal cord, it can be to get the patient paralyzed, and can the doctor access to the tumor in an easy manner, subject to the patient then the treatment is either chemotherapy or radiotherapy at the discretion of the doctor according to the condition of the patient, but unfortunately in some advanced cases the patient cannot remove all the parts of the tumor.
Read also bladder stones symptoms differing sizes and stages
A patient undergoes this type of treatment to destroy any remaining cancer cells that remain present even after the surgery, and undergone by patients who will not be surgical methods of treatment available to them.
Of course everyone knows what are the complications of chemotherapy severe, but it is the only tool that can destroy all the cancer cells, preventing the division and growth of new.
A doctor gives some medicines to treat tension (such as corticosteroids), to reduce inflammation (corticosteroids), next to the pain relievers to manage the symptoms and mitigate.
Some may feel symptoms resemble a lot with the symptoms of cancer of the spine but when you see danger signs such as inability to stand and the pain exaggerated and persistent you should immediately consult a doctor for necessary tests.
It might interest you also: file comprehensive about the symptoms of cancer
It might interest you also: know the symptoms of bone cancer and stages and methods of treatment