Diabetes is a chronic disease, in the long run there are some cases did not call into coma. diabetes, so, what are the symptoms of a diabetic coma, and how can it be treated? Keep reading to learn more about this case.
What are the symptoms of a diabetic coma is?
The following symptoms are warning signs in the body, which indicates that the blood sugar (glucose) is high or very low, whenever I suffered from these symptoms, check your blood sugar you have.
If the blood sugar is too high or too low, fix it according to the instructions of your health care provider to prevent a diabetic coma, and if you suffer from diabetes for a long time, might get a zombie drunk, without appearance of any symptoms.
Symptoms of high blood sugar are:
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Increased urination
- Pulse weak
- Feeling sleepy
- Lack of balance while walking
- Thirst continuously
- Help heart rate
- The emission of the smell of sugar or fruit of your mouth.
- Dry mouth
- Hunger and frequent and continuous
Also read: sugar in the blood .. symptoms of height and low
While the symptoms of hypoglycemia are:
- Feeling tired
- Rapid development
- Face difficulty in communicating
- Hunger frequent
When blood sugar is too low, does not receive the sufficient fuel, and can be the cause of this:
- Drink a lot of alcohol
- Intake very little food
- Practice a lot of sport
- Get a large proportion of the insulin
Read also: lower blood sugar, what first aid to him?
When should I contact a doctor?
Contact the health care provider in the following cases:
- If you have diabetes the blood sugar 300 mg / dL or more twice in a row for some unknown reason.
- If you have low blood sugar (less than 70 mg / dL) that did not appear after 3 treatments, contact your doctor.
- If I saw someone with diabetes. seems he is confused, has a seizure. low blood sugar; and untreated can lead to low sugar in the blood, leading to coma sugar.
- If the person is still able to follow the instructions, have something to eat or drink and travel and receive medical care, and if you see a person with diabetes is unresponsive, call an ambulance immediately.
Also read:know more on diabetic coma from here.
Treatment of diabetic coma
Now that we know what are the symptoms of a diabetic coma, you methods of treatment; and if entered in a diabetic coma, then you are at risk of brain damage or death if there is any delay in response or treatment.
If the blood sugar is too high, you will receive:
- Intravenous fluids
- Supplements phosphate, sodium, potassium
If the level of sugar in the blood is too low, you’ll receive:
- Glucagon (a hormone to increase blood sugar)
- Intravenous fluids
- 50% solution composed of dextrose
Read Also: T.hilili sugar is cumulative and what you care about.
The following are some recommendations about how to prevent diabetic coma:
- Watch out for the symptoms of sugar levels high and low.
- Check and record the levels of sugar in your blood at the Times recommended by your health care provider.
- Learn how to say the types of different exercises that reduce blood sugar.
- Know the foods that affect blood sugar and choose the best meal plan for you.
- Don’t give up the Times of the meals.
- Follow the instructions for doses of medications and insulin and timing accurately.
- Check the percentage of sugar in the urine you have to know the level of ketones and when to be loud.
- The idea to use monitoring device continuous glucose which sends an alert if sugar levels too low or too high.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
Read also: proper nutrition for diabetics with exercise
Find out what are the symptoms of a diabetic coma, protects you and around you of the exposure, the notice of any of the previous symptoms you or your loved one don’t hesitate to get in touch with a doctor immediately, it avoids this problem at all with some caution.
For more information about diabetes and its complications you can consult one of our doctors here.