What are the consequences of diabetes and the warning signs which can tell you you had this disease? You should know the first symptoms of diabetes to take the necessary precautions, so keep with us dear reader the following article to find out.
Is a metabolic disorder occurs when blood sugar (glucose) is high by a big margin, the body uses glucose for energy, where does the pancreas secrete a hormone called insulin, which helps the body convert glucose from the food you eat into energy.
When the body does not produce enough insulin, or the body suffers from insulin resistance, the proportion of glucose in the body is not converted into energy, which leads to diabetes.
Before knowing what are the consequences of diabetes, you must know that there are two types of diabetes are:
- Diabetes Type I: a case of autoimmune, where the immune system attacks the body’s insulin producing cells by mistake.
- Type II diabetes: happens when you can’t cells use the blood sugar efficiently for energy, it occurs when blood sugar levels rise and the cells become resistant to insulin.
What are the consequences of diabetes?
You must know what are the consequences of diabetes can even take the necessary precautions when the incidence of this case, as well as search for appropriate treatment. There are signs and symptoms warning occurs for both men and women, include the following:
- Thirst and excessive hunger.
- Repeat the evaporation.
- Weight loss or weight gain.
- Fatigue and fatigue.
- Blurred vision.
- Slow-healing wounds.
- Skin infections.
- The appearance of dark patches in the folds of the skin, a condition known as acanthosis nigricans.
- The smell of the mouth that smell like fruit, candy or acetone, they are a sign of high ketones in the body.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet.
Read also: pre-diabetes .. be careful of these signs.
What are the consequences of diabetes for men?
There are some signs and symptoms warning signs of diabetes that occur in men only, and include the following:
- Erectile dysfunction or impotence.
- Ejaculation flashback.
- A low testosterone level.
- Decreased sexual desire.
Read also: the symptoms of diabetes of Type I and II.
What are the consequences of diabetes to the party?
Gestational diabetes or high sugar level during pregnancy no usually specific symptoms, but the woman may feel thirsty more than usual, or have to urinate more than usual also.
Read also: symptoms of high blood sugar when needed
When should I consult a doctor?
After knowing what are the consequences of diabetes, you must know that if age greater than 45 years old, or suffer from the risk of diabetes, it is important to conduct tests of diabetes to check.
When you discover the condition early you can do to avoid nerve damage, heart problems and other serious complications, you should also contact your doctor immediately in the following cases:
- If you feel tired in your stomach, weakness, thirst, excessively.
- If you suffer from frequent urination.
- If you are experiencing abdominal pain severe.
- If you breathe deeply and quickly than usual.
- If you feel that your breath smells like nail polish remover.
Read Also: What are the methods of prevention of diabetes?
In the end, dear reader, after we have clarified to you what are the consequences of diabetes, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.