Often feel tired, lethargy and tendency to sleep and rest, but what if sleep was a way to always escape from the pressures of life, or an indication of disease of somatic or psychological latent.
Many believe that the sleep time closes the mind and the body, but that is not happening, because the active period in which a lot of wizards professional and technical. Exactly how this process occurs and why our bodies are programmed for such a long period of hibernation is still unknown. But scientists understand some of the basic functions of sleep, the causes of which we need for health and well being optimal.
The importance of sleep
One of the vital roles of sleep is to help us to consolidate and strengthen the memory. As we move in our day, take our brains a tremendous amount of information, instead of recording them directly, they are first processed these facts and experiences and store them, and many of these steps occur during sleep, the transfer of information from temporary memory to the memory of the long-term in a process called “Integration”.
The researchers showed also that people who sleep enough, they tend to retain information better than others. Require our bodies all long periods of sleep to restore its activity and to rejuvenate its growth of muscle and repair tissues and to generate hormones.
Human needs approximately 7-9 hours of sleep each night, and is long enough to cover its daily needs and to charge a energy and greet the new day with vigor and verve, while others thrive children need to sleep up to 11 and H to infants in their first year.
Feel people who suffer from excessive sleep sleepy stagnation on most days, and often overlap of these symptoms with work or school or activities or relationships. Despite the fact that patients who suffer from this condition often complain of fatigue, however, excessive sleepiness is different from fatigue which is characterized by low energy and need to rest (not necessarily sleep). Varies excessive sleepiness is also about depression, so you may have a person’s desire low in doing activities normal, even those that I used to enjoy.
Causes of sleeping too much
Can divide the causes of sleeping too much causes satisfactory and non-satisfactory related to the world of the person.
First: the causes of sleeping too much is pathological
Of the causes of sleeping too much unsatisfactory the following:
- Lack of adequate sleep during the night which a person feels very sleepy and tired during the day.
- Change in sleeping habits or schedule or a change in sleep environment to surrounding.
- Strenuous work during the day or night.
- Taking some medications which have drowsiness from the side effects such as antihistamines, and treatments of consultation.
- Smoking and alcohol intake.
- Lack of exercise is enough or not to exercise at all.
Second: the causes of sleeping too much pathological
The disease may be behind sleep a lot, and there are many diseases that lead to a constant feeling sleepy and the desire to sleep, including:
- Some psychological illness and disorders such as anxiety and depression.
- Some diseases of the thyroid gland such as an overactive gland which makes the owner unable to sleep properly, or hypothyroidism , which feels its owner is sleepy permanent and.
- Injury Brestless legs syndromeis a syndrome that afflicts a person feel he wanted to move his feet and feel that it’s at night or sleep time.
- Obstructive sleep apnea,“obstructive sleep apnea”: a disease which affects people who suffer from morbid obesity leads to shortness of breath several times in the night, and the brain alerts the body find patient is repeated this several times in the night which makes the patient feel tired, fatigued and sleepy during the day.
- Narcolepsy “narcolepsy”: it is a disorder disease makes the patient sleeps heavily in any place and accompanying it having a hallucination and during sleep.
- The incidence of some brain diseases such as infection, concussion of the brain after traumatic injuries.
- The incidence of some neurological diseases as disease or Parkinson’s “Parkinson’s”.
- The incidence of some diseases and chronic medical conditions such as: asthma, digestive disorders or disorders of metabolism.
Some actions to reduce hyper-sleep.
Can relieve drowsiness by making adjustments to the environment and sleeping habits. But sometimes be the cause of excessive sleepiness is a more serious condition and requires medical attention.
If you are feeling drowsy regularly, you should ask to consult a doctor, you can work with your doctor to look at the symptoms and sleeping habits, and your lifestyle and your health history until you learn all potential causes of sleepiness and know how to help.
- The National Sleep Foundation () the Seven Things You Need to Know About Excessive Sleepiness, Available at: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/excessive-sleepiness/overview-facts/seven-things-you-need-know-about-excessive-sleepiness (Accessed: 20 Oct. 2019).
- The National Sleep Foundation () Medical and Brain Conditions that Cause Excessive Sleepiness, Available at: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/medical-and-brain-conditions-cause-excessive-sleepiness (Accessed: 20 Oct. 2019).
- The National Sleep Foundation () Excessive Sleepiness, Available at: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness (Accessed: 20 Oct. 2019).
NHS (2017) Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia), Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/excessive-daytime-sleepiness-hypersomnia/ (Accessed: 20 Oct. 2019).