What are the benefits of folic acid for pregnant through the website cart health folic acid is one of necessary vitamins for the fetus, which is a derivative of the vitamin B9, and also in lots of everyday foods, dietary supplements, where it is of major importance in the production of red blood cells, maintain a healthy fetal brain and spinal cord .
Folic acid in the first few months
Some women know the value of a Elements and vitamins for her health and the health of her unborn child, so it is advised to follow months of pregnancy with a specialist to refer you for the necessary supplements in this period the most important of these supplements of folic acid, which is indispensable in the three first months of pregnancy, which consists in the following:
The protection of unborn children from birth defects
- Not eating the proper dosage for a pregnant lady of folic acid, may cause serious health problems for the fetus.
- The importance of this element in the formation of the neural tube and without the configuration of this tube may result in lack of growth of the spinal cord or the vertebrae of the spine, and therefore the lack of growth of the basic parts in the brain of the fetus.
- Should the intake of specific doses to avoid your child from a congenital defect called a ” cleft lip”, also protects him from the risk of anemia within the uterus and the rest of his life after that.
Maintain a healthy need
- Folic acid protects pregnant women from the risk of abortion, or premature birth.
- Barrier protection from pregnancy complications, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, and preeclampsia.
Folic acid to 5 mg
Scientific research proved that the congenital malformations that occur the fetus during the first period of pregnancy, be due to non-intake of folic acid regularly before conception and during pregnancy.
In the context of this research also explained that taking folic acid daily avoid cases of premature birth or miscarriage by more than 50 %, so it is recommended that doses of folic acid:
- Before pregnancy: you must take the doses of folic acid up to 400 micrograms, equivalent to 0.4 a.
- The three first months of pregnancy: recommended doses of 400 to 500 micrograms of that vitamin.
- From the fourth month to the ninth: taking doses up to 600 micrograms.
- During the period of breastfeeding: preferred daily doses of 500 micrograms.
Sources rich in folic acid
You can enhance your health during pregnancy by taking supplements which advise you do your doctor with attention to eating foods rich in vitamins and elements which include the following:
- Whole grains: oats, wheat, barley ” yield”
- Dark green leafy vegetables: watercress, spinach, green beans.
- Legumes: fava beans, cowpea, white beans.
- Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, kiwi, figs.
- Assorted vegetables: potatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas.
- Nuts: peanut, hazelnut, almond, pistachio.
- Dairy products: whole milk, cheese and their derivatives.
You with what are the benefits of folic acid for pregnant we are happy to receive all inquiries about the benefits of food through the comment below the article.