We know that smoking is harmful to health and can be quit difficult, but not impossible, learn with us dear reader on the ways to get rid of smoking that may help you in quitting, how smoking affects the body, what happens to the body after quitting smoking.
How does smoking affect the body?
Smoking damages a lot and causes many diseases and health problems on the body such as:
It may also cause many other cancers such as:
- Cancer of the throat.
- Cancer of the kidney.
- Cancer of the cervix.
- Cancer of the liver.
- Cancer of the colon.
- Acute myeloid leukemia.
Read also: know the damage passive smoking on pregnant women and children.
Ways to get rid of smoking
Once you decide to stop smoking, choose a quit date and quit completely on that day, and can be prepare in two ways:
- Ready abruptly, any used to smoke until the quit date and then stop.
- Ready to gradually, at a rate to reduce the consumption of cigarettes slowly until the quit date and then stop, choose what suits you in the end.
Here are some tips recommended by the American Cancer Society to help you get rid of smoking:
- Get support from friends, family and coworkers and tell them about the history of Quit Smoking.
- The use of replacement therapy for nicotine or other drugs.
- If you are planning to attend the group to stop smoking, register now.
- Take alternatives to oral, such as: nicotine gum and you have sugar-free and other.
- Set up a support system, for example, call for the support of one of the people who take the step to quit smoking before and with your help.
- Ask friends and family who smoke not to smoke around you.
- Daily activities, such as: waking up in the morning, finishing a meal, taking a coffee break helps you to keep you busy and kill the desire of smoking.
- Drink more water and juice.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Avoid individuals who smoke.
- Avoid situations that you have a strong desire to smoke.
Can the doctor or health care professional to help you take positive steps towards getting rid of smoking.
Read also: know the 10 ways to get rid of smoking.
What happens to the body after getting rid of the smoking?
- After 20 minutes to 12 hours: heart rate decreases, and carbon monoxide in the blood to normal levels.
- After one year: less risk of a heart attack, as well as blood pressure, and cough and also talking the problems of the upper respiratory tract.
- After two to five years: according to the CDC, it decreases the risk of stroke to someone who doesn’t smoke.
- After 5-15 years: reduced risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, and bladder in half.
- After 10 years: the risk of injury in lung cancer andbladder cancer is half the risk of the person currently smokes.
- After 15 years: looks like the risk of heart disease risk of someone who has never smoked.
In the end, dear reader, after what you know the ways to get rid of smoking the effect of smoking on the body and also what happens to your body after smoking, put a plan for yourself to quit smoking, and if you have any queries or other consulting you can consult one of our doctors here.