Is vitamin K important vitamins for the body, it helps to stop the bleeding for its ability to clot blood and is found in many foods such as green leafy vegetables, continued with us dear reader for the symptoms of vitamin K deficiency , its causes and how to cure its deficiency.
What is vitamin K for?
Is of the fat-soluble vitamins, it also helps the body to form proteins, and also helps in maintaining bone growth and strengthening, is divided into two types, namely:
- Vitamin K1 or phylloquinone is found in plants like green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C or means and it is found naturally in the intestines of the body.
What are the symptoms of lack of Vitamin was it?
There are many symptoms that point to a lack of vitamin K in the body, including:
- The occurrence of blood clots small appear under the nails.
- The appearance of blood in the stool and its color is dark black.
- Low bone mineral density.
- The incidence of heart disease.
- The incidence of osteoporosis.
Also read: ways to prevent osteoporosis
There are some symptoms on the text of the vitamin had children including:
- The occurrence of bleeding in the skin, nose or gastrointestinal tract.
- The occurrence of sudden bleeding in the brain, which is extremely dangerous and may lead to death.
Causes of vitamin K deficiency
- The intake of antibiotics.
- Eating the counter medications thrombosis.
- The existence of the problem of poor absorption of fat the person has, which may occur as a result of infection with celiac disease or cystic fibrosis.
- Not eating foods rich in vitamin K like kale and spinach.
For children may be the transfer of vitamin K due to lack of the proportion of vitamin K in breast milk.
What are the benefits of Vitamin was it?
To maintain healthy bones, because vitamin K helps strengthen bones and reduces the risk of fracture or osteoporosis.
Improving memory, where vitamin K to improve memory especially in the elderly.
Maintain a healthy heart, as vitamin K lower blood pressure, and helps reduce the risk of stroke.
Also read: ways to maintain a healthy heart
What are the methods of treatment of deficiency of Vitamin was it?
There are many ways to that used in the treatment of vitamin K deficiency, including:
- Eating foods rich in vitamin K.
- Taking the supplement food need, which contain vitamin K.
- Taking medicines or foods that contain a substance Detonation, where this article helps the excretion of vitamin K in the body, in the case of obtained from the drugs will be under the supervision of a physician.
Foods rich in vitamin K
After that you know the causes of vitamin K deficiency here are some foods rich in it such as:
- Dried basil.
- Dried sage.
- Dried thyme.
- Marjoram dryer.
- Dried cilantro leaves.
- Soybean oil.
- The goose liver.
- Beef liver.
- Blue cheese.
- The whole milk.
Read also: what’s the difference between milk plants and animals is?
Vegetables me Vitamin was
How to diagnose vitamin K deficiency
The doctor needs to know medical history to identify the reasons that led to the lack when a person, often the doctor will request testing of a blood clot is called Test prothrombin time, and in this test a sample is taken the blood in the stomach, it is through him was to know the time that you need a blood sample anticoagulant, and the ratios of the level of vitamin K in the body.
After that you know the causes of vitamin K deficiency and its symptoms and methods of treatment, if you have any further queries you can consult one of our doctors here