Have you ever noticed bleeding gums while cleaning your teeth by brushing, this is an indication that you are suffering from inflammation in the gums, we will in this article on the causes and treatment of gingivitis.
Gingivitis is one of the most common problems where the gums become swollen, red color, research shows in the United States that most of the class adults may hit one of the degrees of inflammation of the gums at least once.
The causes of gingivitis
Attributed the main cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene which in turn see food residue on the teeth and gums surrounding growing bacteria and a layer of soil that can be disposed of brushing, the accumulation of the neglect of hygiene causes calcification of these promotions and be a solid layer with respect to known bulk, and hard to get rid of them only by the intervention of a medical.
Factors stimulate the infection of the gums
There are several factors that may increase the chances of infection of the gums such as:
- Disorder hormone of the body: hormonal changes in puberty and menopause in women makes the gums less suitable and more sensitive to inflammation.
- Some diseases are debilitating to the organization, such as diabetes, cancer and HIV.
- Some prescription drugs may cause swelling of the gums redness, such as a fen are (Phenytoin) is antispasmodic remedy of nerve, and some drugs that treat high blood pressure and angina such as nifedipine (nifedipine).
- Smoking is considered smokers most susceptible to inflammation of the gums compared to non-smokers.
- A work in progress.
- Diets gas containing vitamin C because this vitamin is the health of the gums and tissues supporting the.
The symptoms of gingivitis
In the early stages it is severe the simple and often is not accompanied by pain are obvious, caused to the patient that the bleeding occurs during the cleaning and the associated symptoms include the following:
- A bulge in the gums.
- Redness in the gums.
- Bleeding during use of the brush.
In the case of neglected inflammation of the gums and cure it it requires to inflammation of the supporting tissue and bone surrounding the teeth causing:
- The smell of the mouth unpleasant.
- Feeling the taste of bad art.
- Movement in the elderly and therefore difficulty in eating.
- Collected abscess in the gum or tooth.
Tender infection with inflammation of the gums ulcerative acute necrotizing (Acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis), and occurs abruptly without it relates to the phases of the former and its more severe symptoms include:
- Sores oral painful.
- Severe bleeding of the gums.
- Receding gums and tooth root.
- The smell of the mouth unpleasant.
- Feeling of metallic taste in the mouth.
- The secretion of thick saliva.
- A rise in body temperature.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
Treatment of gingivitis
There are several options used in the treatment of periodontitis based on the severity of this inflammation including:
Treatment of gingivitis using home treatment
In the early stages can eliminate the inflammation as soon as the permanent preservation system of the teeth using the brush twice daily with the use of dental floss after brushing helps in prevent the accumulation of food residues between the teeth.
You should use toothpaste that contains sufficient amount of fluoride ranging from 1350 to 1500 ppm, and this amount is shown on one of the aspects of the tube metal.
Use mouthwash containing material elected (hexetidine) or Close (chlorhexidine), do not use lye containing close for more than 4 weeks because it causes pigmentation of the teeth.
Would prefer not to use lye directly after brushing and use in intervals, to maintain the survival of the layer of fluoride on the teeth.
Treatment of gingivitis by medical intervention
When the layer of lime should stop the dentist, if the layer is the army large, it takes more than one session. The doctor determines the treatment plan that may include the need to implement the root of the tooth using local anesthesia, the patient may suffer from pain and satisfaction after this procedure for about 48 hours.
In the case of the development of this injury to the supporting tissues and tooth, happen your doctor if necessary extraction of the tooth or there was a possibility to save him to consult a specialist in tissues supporting.
Treatment of gingivitis using antibiotics.
According the research currently available, the use of antibiotics is often limited to the treatment of ulcerative gingivitis acute necrotizing inflammation of the supporting tissues, says the doctor to prescribe the right antibiotic for your condition and be within one of the following types:
- Penicillin (penicillin): the penicillin and its derivatives such as atomoxetine antibiotics first to treat inflammation of the gums, and range of dosage is between 250 to 500 mg.
- Dirithromycin (erythromycin): used to substitute for penicillin if patient is allergic to penicillin, the dosage is between 250 to 500 mg.
- Minocin (minocycline): used after a session of cleaning and removing the army in cases of inflammation of the supporting tissue, is not recommended its use for pregnant women because it causes pigmentation in the teeth of the fetus.
- Clindamycin (versatility of PDT): used in cases of allergies against penicillin, and is considered a good option in severe infections that do not work where penicillin work, the dosage ranges used between 75-150-300 mg.
Some painkillers may help alleviate it to a while enables you to visit your doctor, and be available without need for prescription, but you should read the supplement to it may not fit with your health situation, namely:
- Paracetamol (paracetamol)
- The two (ibuprofen)
Methods of prevention of inflammation of the gums
Permanent preservation the cleanliness of the teeth and mouth is the basic rule in oral health, and a series of the reasons that we mentioned previously include these steps:
- Brushing teeth at least twice daily for two minutes, one should be before sleep.
- Use dental floss after brushing.
- Use a mouthwash suitable.
- Up permanent the dentist every 6 months Toka aggravate the inflammation of the gums.