Maintaining the baby teeth can help avoid many dental problems in the future so you know with us dear reader on how to preserve the teeth of children.
How to maintain teeth for babies
- Clean the gums of your child after every meal by wiping them with a damp cloth, this step will increase bacteria and food particles from the gums.
- Some babies can’t sleep only the best milk or fruit juice or any other drink, but these children can develop tooth decay sharp, and if your child can not sleep without a bottle of milk to the warm water instead of milk.
- You must use toothpaste as soon as teeth start to of the child for the but the quantity is very small the size of a grain of rice almost put it on a damp cloth and clean your child’s teeth gently.
Read Also: when did you start the teeth of an infant appearing?
How to maintain the teeth of children
Is childhood the most appropriate stage to teach your child how to maintain his teeth so that children imitate what adults do, so let your child imitate you in cleaning your teeth, and you can also teach him how to use a tooth brush and you can help him in the beginning in constipation brushing so you can remove the food particles from the teeth.
When baby teeth begin to emerge, use a toothbrush designed for children using a small amount of toothpaste, once the appearance of all the teeth using the toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles and remember to encourage your child in every time it cleans the teeth.
Also you should start cleaning your child’s teeth using dental floss once all the baby teeth and use it once a day, and children can usually begin to use dental floss on their own at the age of ten.
Read also: tips to protect children’s teeth
Do you no longer use fluoride safe for children?
Yes, fluoride is safe for kids since fluoride protects the teeth and use it early on will provide additional protection for baby teeth, you can consult your doctor to determine you type of toothpaste rich with fluoride appropriate for your child.
How can you prevent tooth decay in your child?
Here are some ways in which you can maintain the teeth of children :
- Reduce the amount of sweets and sugary snacks your child eats foods sugar increases the bacteria in the mouth which can cause tooth decay.
- Clean your child’s teeth brushing after every meal.
- Make sure you clean your child’s teeth brushing after giving the medication, containing drugs like cough medicine on the sugar which increases the production of acids in the mouth, and these acids corrode the layer of semen that protect your child’s teeth.
- Help your child to follow healthy eating habits and make sure to eat baby food that contains good amounts of calcium such as milk and broccoli.
- Avoid giving your child drinks rich in sugars such as soda, containing sodium and large amounts of sugar which can cause tooth decay.
- Visit the dentist regularly as you should start taking your child to the dentist to check his teeth when the first tooth appearing and conducting regular examinations of the teeth also help in the Prevention of dental problems.
Also read: causes and symptoms of tooth decay in children
In the end, dear reader, after that you know how to maintain the children’s teeth you should consult your dentist to choose a toothbrush and toothpaste appropriate for your child and if you have any problem or query you can consult one of our doctors here