The percentage of sugar in the blood is one of the most important things to take care of diabetics but what is the way you use your glucose test for? And what is this device? That’s what we’ll find, dear reader, in this article proceed with us.
Device glucose test
It is a little electronic device that reads the amount of sugar in a small sample of blood, usually occurs a tingling in your fingertips, put it on a test strip can be disposed of, and can recommend your doctor to a device suitable for you, it can also help your doctor to learn how to use many.
The way you use your glucose test
Follow the instructions that come with the device to check the proportion of sugar in general, your doctor can help you use it.
Way to use your sugar test services
- Wash your hands and dry them well.
- Insert the test strip in the device.
- Prick the side of your finger with the needle.
- Gently press your finger or knead until a drop of blood.
- The point blood the edge of the tape with the installation of the device.
- Device will measure the level of glucose in the blood on the screen seconds after.
If your measurement of a blood test taken from the alternative theme, such as the forearm or palm of the hand, it is possible that these readings are not as accurate as readings taken from the tingling of the fingertips, especially after eating or during exercise when changing glucose levels frequently.
Read also: know the insulin pump and how they work and their features.
Tips after using the device for glucose test
After you know the way you use your glucose test you have to follow some tips after use:
- After the scan, log your results, talk with your doctor about how often you need to record the results of the blood sugar and you can now download many of the devices on your computer.
- When you log your results manually, record the date, time, test results, medications and dosage, diet and exercise.
- Bring a scorecard with you during the visit to the doctor, and to your doctor about what to do and when you call when you don’t get your results the natural.
Read also: know the treatment of high blood sugar.
When you test check sugar?
Your physician will advise you how to repeat check the level of sugar in the blood, in general, a repeat test on the type of diabetes and treatment plan of its own.
Patients with diabetes of the first type: your doctor may recommend testing blood sugar four to ten times a day if you suffer from diabetes of the first type, you may need to the way you use your glucose test at the following times:
- Before main meals and even before meals light.
- Before and after exercise.
- Before going to sleep.
- Sometimes during the night.
- If you are sick.
- If you change your daily routine.
- When starting claims new.
Read also: know the analysis of sugar random and the factors affecting it.
Sick diabetes of the second type: if you are taking insulin to manage Type II diabetes, has your doctor recommends testing your blood sugar several times a day, depending on the type and amount of insulin you are using.
Recommend test usually before meals and at bedtime if you are taking multiple daily injections, and may need to test only twice a day, before breakfast and dinner, if you are using long-acting insulin only.
If you manage Type II diabetes using medicines for non-insulin or with diet and exercise alone, you may not need to test blood sugar daily.
Read Also: you can cure Type II diabetes once and for all?
In the end, dear reader, after what you know the way you use your glucose test .. make sure you always monitor your blood sugar regularly and tell your doctor in the event of any breach or increase non-certified, and if you have any queries or consultation you can consult one of our doctors here.