Vaccination of rotavirus
Cause infection Brotavirus occurrence of ulcer causing diarrhea and vomiting, which usually occur in infants. Fortunately it is available vaccine to protect children from rotavirus infection, vaccination rotavirus is an oral vaccine containing rotavirus alive but are weakened, and gives as a liquid directly into the baby’s mouth even smiling, and children between the ages of 8 and 12 week.
What is the size of the problem infection with rotavirus
Before the discovery of the rotavirus vaccine, caused the rotavirus infection B 200,000 visits to emergency departments, the 55,000 case of entry to the hospital and 60-65 deaths per year in the United States of America.
All over the world, is the main cause of severe diarrhea in children leads to a million state of the entry to the hospital, and more than 500,000 deaths in children aged 5 years and younger annually.
Can become infected older children and adults also infected with rotavirus, but the symptoms are lighter which happen to have babies.
How vaccination rotavirus
The vaccine contains a strain of the weak from the rotavirus. So help your child to build houses –with no ability to cause a disease, so next time you face your child the virus does not become infected.
How is giving the vaccination of rotavirus
There are several types of vaccination rotavirus and its given by mouth as a drink fluid and given by injection, and needs of the child are usually from two doses to three doses are given this vaccination at the age of two months, 4 months and 6 months of availability, and types of vaccine rotavirus:
- Rotarix vaccine Rotary Max.
- RotaTeq vaccine to root your.
- Rotashield vaccine read (has been withdrawn from the market and no longer uses).
The effectiveness of the rotavirus vaccine
Studies on the rotavirus vaccine is showing that it is possible to prevent approximately 74% of the incidence of this virus. And most importantly, he managed to prevent 90% of severe cases and 96% of cases to enter the hospital as a result of rotavirus infection.
Have you considered the vaccination of rotavirus safe
Before you consent to the use of rotavirus vaccine, was tested on more than 70,000 children and that it is safe. However, the removal of a previous meeting of the called Rotashield from the market after using it for two years. Where he found it slightly increases the risk of Band intestinal tract– a condition involving a part of the intestine within another part which leads to a blockage in the intestine.
As for my vaccine Rotarix وRotaTeq it does not seem to increase this risk and is considered safe.
Cases should not be the taking of the vaccination of rotavirus
- Any child has a severe allergic reaction to a previous dose of rotavirus vaccine should not give any further doses of the vaccination.
- If your child suffers from medium or severe illness at time of vaccination, wait until the child completely before grafting it.
- Also, recommend the Center for Disease Control (CDC), consult your doctor if the child suffers from weakness in his immune system. Things that weaken the immune system of the child:
- Exposure to a virus Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) or any other disease that weakens the immune system.
- Treatment for a long time on the steroids..
- Cancer or cancer treatment, radiation or drugs.
- The suffering of the child who’s allergic to latex.
- Injury to a child and intestine before.
Side effects of vaccination rotavirus
Mostly I don’t see this development any side effects but in a small percentage may develop some symptoms, including:
- As with any vaccine or cure that can happen is an allergic reaction, and signs of allergies
- The difficulty of implementation.
- Speed in a heartbeat.However, it is believed the occurrence of an allergic reaction with a rotavirus vaccine is minimal.
- Most children who get rotavirus vaccine do not suffer from any side effects at all. But, there is little likelihood that happen to have some children side effects temporary and minor such as:
- The speed of irritability.
- NHS (2017) Rotavirus vaccine overview, Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/rotavirus-vaccine/ (Accessed: 6 Nov. 2019).
- WebMD () Rotavirus (RV) Vaccine, Available at: https://www.webmd.com/children/vaccines/rotavirus-rv-vaccine#1 (Accessed: 6 Nov. 2019).