Think varicose veins are a common condition in women by greater than men, and can cause a lot of problems, so you must know the symptoms of varicose veins first to see how to identify this case, affiliated with us dear reader the following article to know the symptoms and how to treat this problem and Prevention.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are dilated veins for filled with blood, which is usually blue or dark purple, and often painful. Think this case is very common especially in women, and about 23% of adults varicose veins, and show varicose veins mostly on the legs and feet.
Occur varicose veins when they don’t work the veins properly, so containing veins valves prevent blood flow backwards, when these valves blood accumulates in the veins instead of walking in the direction of the heart, leading to hypertrophy of them, it may happen that some of the following reasons:
- Increases the likelihood of varicose veins in the case of pregnancy.
- In the case of menopause.
- When the age increases from 50 years.
- In the case of prolonged standing.
- Help obesity to increase the risk of developing varicose veins.
- Having a family history of varicose veins.
After knowing the reasons will shed light on the symptoms of varicose veins so you can discover this situation, which may need treatment in case of worsening of symptoms.
The symptoms of varicose veins
There may be no pain within the symptoms of varicose veins in most cases, but symptoms may include the following:
- Look veins are twisted, swollen and block.
- Look veins are blue or dark purple.
- Aches legs.
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs, especially after exercise or during the night.
- The occurrence of abnormal bleeding in case of injury to the area that suffer from varicose veins of any trauma or injury simple.
- Addressing skin lipid or fat, which is the hardening of the fat under the skin leading to reduce the skin.
- Ankle swelling symptoms of varicose veins.
- The expansion of capillaries in the injured leg, which is what is known as “spider veins”.
- It can occur discoloration of the skin near the veins, usually brown or blue.
- The occurrence of eczema, venous (stasis dermatitis).
- Likelihood of cramps in the legs especially when standing suddenly.
- The likelihood of injury with restless legs syndrome.
- Can the appearance of irregular white patches resembling scars on the ankles.
Read also: varicose legs when needed .. the causes and how to treat it and important.
Complications of varicose veins
Can develop the symptoms of varicose veins and evolve the situation in some people, so consult a doctor when feeling worsening symptoms, and complications of this situation are the following:
- Venous insufficiency is a chronic, where it says skin to exchange oxygen and nutrients and waste with blood properly because of poor blood flow.
Read also: varicose vein problem and its solutions, you know, we have attractive appearance.
Treatment of varicose veins
After talking about the symptoms of varicose veins will shed light on how to remedy this situation, it may not be treatment is necessary if the patient is bothered by symptoms or the appearance of veins, but sometimes there is a need for treatment for the relief of pain or treatment complications, treatments include:
- Your doctor may recommend wearing compression stockings, so blood flows easily to the heart and relieves stress.
- Can resort to surgery if the varicose veins cause health problems and severe, where the doctor may perform surgery to cut the varicose veins and remove them through the incisions.
- Sclerotherapy, which is injection of the chemical liquid to prevent overheating of the vein.
- The use of laser surgery for enlarged vein.
- The use of radio frequency and heat waves.
- Vein surgery for endoscopic.
You can check with your doctor when symptoms of varicose veins so that he can determine the appropriate treatment options to you, which depend on the location of varicose veins and their size and the severity of the symptoms.
Read Also: How to treat varicose veins of all medical methods available?
Prevention of varicose veins
You can follow some tips to prevent yourself from injury varicose veins and the appearance of symptoms of varicose veins, include:
- Regular exercise such as walking.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid standing for long periods without movement.
- Avoid sitting with the intersection of the legs.
- Try to raise the legs on a pillow while sitting or sleeping.
Read also: varicose veins in the legs : how to protect yourself from formation of?
In the end, after we have explained to you dear reader, the symptoms of varicose veins and its treatment and Prevention, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.