You injured one of your relatives the day of fever, typhoid and heard the term typhoid fever before and do you know what are the symptoms of typhoid fever and is treated? Let’s learn in this article How to treatment.
Typhoid fever or typhoid fever is a killer disease my device -that affects number of different body systems, and occurs as a result of infection with bacteria called Salmonella Typhi (Salmonella typhi), and the same symptoms are also the result of infection with salmonella, like typhoid (Salmonella paratyphi).
Mode of transmission
Transmitted typhoid fever through drinking water and eating foods contaminated with the bacterium Salmonella typhi, and persons with fever Typhi from contaminating the water supply surrounding through stool, which contains a high concentration of bacteria, which in turn leads to the contamination of the food supply.
The bacteria can survive for weeks in water or dry, as that 3-5% of people become carriers of the bacteria some of the infection.
What amount of prevalence of typhoid fever the
Infect fever typhoid an estimated 11-21 million people annually, and affecting fever similar to typhoid at about 5 million people a year, which is more common in parts of the world which lack health facilities such as South Asia, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
The symptoms of typhoid fever
Symptoms of typhoid fever usually on the persons on the form of sustained fever (i.e., they do not come and go), and very high (39-40 ° c), there may be some other symptoms to such as:
- Feeling weak and tired.
- Pain in the stomach.
- A headache in the head.
- Of diarrhea or constipation.
- The loss of appetite.
- Also some people infected fever, typhoid rash, appears on the form of pink spots flat.
Symptoms begin to appear after one to two weeks of infection, with appropriate treatment, and bear the symptoms of typhoid fever quickly within 3-5 days.
The diagnosis of typhoid fever the
The diagnosis of typhoid fever on history, clinical examination, and presence of previous symptoms mentioned, you will ask the doctor What if I traveled to one of the states that the construction of the infection, or if you are in close contact with someone who traveled to these areas and will request several tests, including:
- Samples of blood, feces and urine, and examined under a microscope to examine the presence of the bacteria Salmonella Typhi.
- The choice of the sample of bone marrow is considered the most accurate way to diagnose typhoid fever is the committee if the rest of the tests are inconclusive.
After the appearance of the present typhoid fever, diagnosis is treated using antibiotics, but resistant bacteria causing fever typhoid antibiotics is increasing.
When the sharing of bacteria to antibiotics, the bacteria do not die and their growth is stopped when taking antibiotics, so the doctor will when you do some tests to examine whether the bacteria that have resistance to antibiotics. The results of these tests may change the antibiotics you receive.
People who do not get the right antibiotic, you may suffer from the rise in temperature for a period of weeks to several months, you may get have complications which can lead to death.
Don’t end the risk of typhoid fever, the disappearance of symptoms
Even if symptoms began fever typhoid extinction, you may still be carrying the bacterium Salmonella typhi, and will fight for the return of the disease again and may transfer the infection to others.
In fact, if you’re one of the workers in the health care field or work in a job dealing with food or working in the care of young children may not be able to return to work until the doctor decides that you no longer carry the bacteria.
If you are suffering from typhoid fever, it is important to take into account the following matters, so as to reduce the risk of transmission to others:
- Continued taking antibiotics as recommended by your doctor.
- Wash your hands carefully with soap and water after using the bathroom.
- Do not prepare or serve food for other people.
Complications of typhoid fever the
Complications occur usually in people who are not treated with appropriate antibiotics, or who had not been treated immediately, and start complications usually appear during the second week of infection.
Of months complications of typhoid fever:
Internal bleeding in the digestive tract
Most internal bleeding that occurs in typhoid fever does not life threatening, but it makes you feel sick severe, and its symptoms include:
- Feeling tired all the time.
- Pallor of the skin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Heartbeat heart irregular.
- Bloody vomit.
- Change the color of stool to black as the color of tar.
It may require a blood transfusion, to compensate for the blood lost, and resorting to surgery to fix the Bleed.
The occurrence of a hole in the part of the digestive system
It is considered one of the serious complications which are life-threatening, because the bacteria that live in the bowel is transmitted to the abdominal cavity and cause what is known as inflammation of the peritoneum.
- Leads to inflammation of the peritoneum to infection and poisoning of the blood, which may later lead to infection and failure of the member.
- More symptoms of peritonitis common is abdominal pain a sudden which is getting worse gradually and is cured with antibiotics, and then not close the hole surgically.
- CDC (2019) Typhoid Fever and Paratyphoid Fever, Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/typhoid-fever/symptoms.html (Accessed: 28 Nov. 2019).
- NHS (2019) Typhoid fever, Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/typhoid-fever/symptoms/ (Accessed: 28 Nov. 2019).
- Edward T Ryan & Jason Andrews, (2019) Epidemiology, microbiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis of enteric (typhoid and paratyphoid) fever, Available at: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/epidemiology-microbiology-clinical-manifestations-and-diagnosis-of-enteric-typhoid-and-paratyphoid-fever?search=typhoid&source=search_result&selectedTitle=1~93&usage_type=default&display_rank=1 (Accessed: 28 Nov. 2019).