Dear reader, if you want to learn everything about the symptoms of the shortage of sugar in the blood, its causes, how to diagnose hypoglycaemia, follow us, read this article.
Symptoms of hypoglycemia
Know of sugar in the blood as glucose, and comes from a food and as an important source of energy in the body, when less than the proportion of sugar in the blood, not the body can perform its natural functions.
Can occur symptoms the shortage of sugar in the blood suddenly, and include:
- Fuzzy vision.
- Help heartbeat.
- Changes sudden mood swings, or nerve sudden.
- Fatigue unexplained.
- Pallor of the skin.
- The feeling of hunger.
- The feeling of giddiness.
- The loss of balance.
- Difficult to sleep.
- The feeling of tingling in the skin, numbness of the limbs.
- Difficult to think clearly or focus.
- Loss of consciousness.
If you are diabetic, suffer from the symptoms of mild to moderate of these symptoms mentioned earlier, you can consult your doctor about eating or drinking 15 grams of carbohydrates, easy to digest, such as:
- Half a cup of juice or regular soda.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 3 or 4 pieces of hard candy or glucose tablets.
And the people at risk of low blood sugar talk to your doctor about getting a prescription else, and you should never give anyone unconscious anything by mouth, because it might cause her to choke.
Read also: what is the most important first aid for low blood sugar?
The causes of hypoglycaemia
Can occur the symptoms of hypoglycemia for several reasons, including:
- The inability of people with diabetes Type 1 produce enough insulin.
- The lack of response to people living with Type 2 diabetes to insulin.
- Eating a person is not diabetic drug diabetes oral by mistake.
- Eating alcoholic drinks excessively may prevent the liver from launching glucose stored in the bloodstream.
- Renal disorders may prevent the body from the excretion of medicines and correctly, which affects the glucose levels.
- Growth hormone deficiency in children may lead to a lack of sugar in their blood.
- Cases of non-eating for a long time, such as fasting.
- The incidence of anorexia nervosa to eat.
- Any infection of tumors may lead to excessive production of substances like insulin, which leads to hypertrophy of pancreatic beta cells, thus insulin secretion is a plus, leading to a lack of sugar in the blood.
Read Also: What are the causes of low sugar when you need it?
The diagnosis of hypoglycemia
If you are a diabetic, include in your injury with symptoms of hypoglycemia, you should do the following:
- Check your blood sugar immediately.
- Talk to your doctor about getting a glucose meter in the blood.
- See your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia is a plus during the week.
- Start your doctor to know your medical history and ask questions about your eating habits and about the symptoms that you experience.
If you do not suffer from diabetes, but you suspect that you have some of the symptoms of hypoglycemia, do the following:
- Talk to your doctor about the symptoms that occur to you.
- Your doctor will perform a physical exam you, diagnose the case of a deficiency of sugar in your blood.
Read also: all about low blood sugar
Dear reader, the emergence of symptoms of hypoglycemia is not considered a good thing, we cautious about it, for further inquiries, you can consult one of our doctors here