There are a lot of things that can cause darkening of the gums is usually pink gums, but sometimes showing dark spots or black, you know with us dear readers in this article on the causes of the darkening of the gums and its treatment
The reasons for darkening of the gums
- Bruising of the gums of the reasons that cause the appearance of black spots on the gums which occur as a result of the fall on the face or brushing your teeth or horse severely and can be these spots are brown or black in color and can lead to some complications such as bleeding nose or bleeding gums.
- Oral cancer is the rare case lead to the appearance of dark spots in the gums or on different parts of art.
- The accumulation of plaque on the gum line may cause the appearance of black spots on them.
- Increasing the proportion of melanin in the body a substance that gives skin and hair color to their natural if they exist, by large may cause the appearance of dark spots or black on the gums.
- Smoking causes darkening of the gum because the nicotine causes the gums the color of her dark or black.
- Some medications such as acne treatments can have some side effects and darkening of the gums.
- Inflammation or bleeding of the gums.
- Addison’s disease which is a disease that affects the glands and prevents them from producing enough hormones and symptoms of feeling tired, very thirsty, loss of weight, loss of appetite, muscle weakness, and with the progress of the disease the patient is suffering from black spots or dark on the gums.
Read also: causes of bleeding gums
Accompanying symptoms of gum disease
After that you know the causes of the darkening of the gum there’s some symptoms associated with periodontal disease such as:
- Bad breath
- Tooth sensitivity
- Feeling pain when chewing
- Receded gums
- Bleeding gums
Read also: treat sensitive teeth
Methods of prevention of periodontal disease
After that you know the causes of darkening of the gums know the different ways to prevent them
- Brushing teeth constantly brushing and minerals at least twice daily.
- Use a soft toothbrush and replace it every period of three to four months at least.
- Brushing your teeth thread teeth provided daily.
- Use mouthwash to help reduce the frequency between your teeth.
- Brushing your teeth at the dentist to remove all traces of tartar and bacteria found in the teeth or under the gums
- Quit smoking.
- Minimize the intake of sugars.
Treatment darkening of the gums
Can treat dark spots or darkening of the gums by going to the dentist where he will spray a local anesthetic on the gums and scrape the black spots or the use of laser to remove the darkening of the gums or whitening the teeth.
Natural ways to prevention of inflammation of the gums
- Cranberries may help prevent bacteria from sticking to the teeth.
- Vitamin C has an important role in the protection of gum and some foods on a large proportion of them such as oranges, red peppers, broccoli and cantaloupe.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in calcium such as milk, yogurt and cheese, where calcium maintains the bones found in the roots of the teeth this is especially important for the elderly and for children.
- Reduce the intake of milk soft candies in general and then ingested rinse your mouth with water or brushing your teeth minerals.
- Chewing sugarless gum.
- Avoid drinking too much coffee and tea as it can be a cause of darkening of the gums
Read also: foods that cause yellowing of the teeth
The correct way to use toothbrush
- Use a soft brush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to the gums and be sure to wash all your teeth.
- Move the brush gently around each of your teeth.
- Clean the tooth surfaces of the external tongue also.
- Be sure to clean the front teeth of the upper and the interior brushing.
At the end of the article after that you know with us dear reader on the causes of the darkening of the gums and different ways to treat and prevent them. in case if you have more queries and questions you can consult one of our doctors here