Smoking is human behavior, and to understand it you must know the psychological origin of the process of smoking where this topic has become the focus of attention of many researchers and scientists, given the prevalence of smoking in the world, free the reader continued with us to this decision.
The original psychological process of smoking
- Care scientific psychological talk in the first place the study of behavior, trying to answer questions such as: why engage individuals in a specific behaviour?
- What are the factors that lead to the expectation of individuals, or to continue the undesirable behavior? a
- In relation to smoking cigarettes, the differences between psychological factors and biological weapons has given way in the late twentieth century views that think smoking behavior is a vital, or even a psychological disorder socially. Thus, The seen smoking on that behavior is governed by multiple factors and interrelated, including the biological factors, social and psychological.
- Researchers have shown clearly that nicotine has effect on the systems of the brain, which in turn affect behavior and thinking and feeling.
Read also: does smoking affect mental state?
The misconception of smoking
- The most common reason for smoking is the ability of smoking is alleged to reduce stress and anxiety. It was noted that people smoke more when angry or depression or anxiety, and smoking helps in relieving the condition and more negative.
- Although most smokers believe that smoking reduces negative emotions, however, this is not true experiments, laboratory only there is one exception when negative emotions caused by withdrawal of nicotine, the nicotine will then provides quick comfort.
- Another aspect interesting is that the nicotine stimulant of the central nervous system thus, cigarette smoking increases the effective excitability of the autonomic nervous system such as increased heart rate, but how can be considered a drug that produces a response to comforting?
- The researchers believe that the debtor wins a certain status or position do smoke cigars and like smoking when anxiety or after eating.
Also read: simple steps to help you quit smoking.
The original psychological process of smoking and psychiatric disorders
- Research shows that smokers suffer from mental illness more than non-smokers.
- Likely to be smokers from depression and anxiety disorders, drug addiction, conduct disorder and schizophrenia , while about 23 per cent of the population of the United States smoked regularly, up to 90 per cent of patients with schizophrenia are heavy smokers.
- Given that all these mental disorders are associated with actual cases of a negative mood, the most common explanation is that smokers smoke to regulate their mood however, the empirical evidence that smoking improves really of more is not true. there are, however, several studies suggested that some forms of mental illnesses such as feelings of depression greatly increase the chances that a person becomes a smoker.
Read also: how you can get rid of the addiction gum nicotine?
Factors that encourage smoking initiation
- The impact of individuals, which is the most important motive for smoking.
- Relatives and parents.
- The belief that smoking gives advantages in social life.
- The perception that tobacco use is the principle followed in the social circles of the individual.
- The experience of cigarettes which is a strong reason for smoking later.
Finally, some may be motivated to smoke for the same reasons or Social, such as the influence of friends and social situations where smoking in the normal behavior.
Read Also: 15 tip will help you to quit smoking.
In the end, dear reader, it is important for you to understand the psychological origin of the process of smoking doesn’t even drift in this way, or feel the need to smoking experience when you like, and if you have a query you can consult one of our doctors here.