Plays a vitamin B-12 or methylcobalamin’s role in making DNA and also helps in maintaining healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and through the next section, we will explore the normal range of vitamin B-12.
What is the normal range of vitamin B-12 is?
After the analysis of vitamin B 12 results may be as follows:
Ranges the normal range for vitamin B 12 in the blood is between 200 and 900 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL).
The levels of vitamin B 12 will be low if less than 200 ng/mL, this result indicates a lack of vitamin B 12,pernicious anemia, or overactive thyroid glandand people who suffer from low levels of vitamin B-12 often suffer from neurological symptoms.
Have a vitamin B 12 high abnormally if it is more than 900 ng/mL, may indicate this result to problems in the kidney or liver or diabetes or certain forms of leukemia.
Results vary from laboratory to another, so it is important to discuss the results and their meaning with the doctor, the doctor may also examine the levels of acid bromide Malone you (MMA) and some other material to assess the deficiency of vitamin B-12, and these lab values, to discover deficiency of vitamin B 12 during the early stages.
Who is at risk of vitamin B12 deficiency is?
It can happen deficiency of vitamin B 12 in one of two ways; either that your diet lacks sufficient amounts of it or that your body is not capable of fully absorbed from the food you eat.
People at risk of deficiency of vitamin B-12:
- The elderly.
- People who suffer from digestive disorders, such as Crohn’s disease or celiac disease.
- Those who have undergone surgery of the gastrointestinal tract, such as bariatric surgery or surgery for bowel resection.
- People who follow a strict vegetarian diet.
- Those who are taking medications proton pump inhibitors , which treat heartburn and chronic.
- In many of the elderly, is to reduce the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which leads to a reduction in the absorption of vitamin B12.
The symptoms of lack of Natural Vitamin B-12
If you suffer from a deficiency of vitamin B 12, you may have anemia, and mild vitamin B-12 may not cause any symptoms, but if not cure this deficiency, this may lead to symptoms such as:
- Weakness, fatigue, or dizziness.
- Heart palpitations and shortness of breath.
- Pale skin.
- Constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, the presence of gases.
- Nerve problems such as numbness or tingling, muscle weakness, and problems walking.
- The loss of sight.
- Mental problems such as depression or memory loss or behavioral changes.
Treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency
If you suffer from pernicious anemia or you are having problem in the absorption of vitamin B 12, the doctor recommends you with the intramuscular injection of B12 to increase your levels, vitamin B-12 is naturally only in animal products.
Although some types of dairy or cereal-containing plants have been fortified with vitamin B-12, except that the vegetarian meals are often limited in this vitamin, which exposes individuals to the risk of criticism, and often can prevent deficiency of vitamin B 12 or resolved by injection oral or intramuscular.
And if you don’t eat animal products, you have options; you can change your diet to include cereals fortified with vitamin B12 or supplements or B12 injections or high dose of vitamin B12 by mouth if you are suffering from lack of this vitamin.
It is likely that deals with the elderly who suffer from deficiency of vitamin B 12 B12 supplements daily or multivitamins containing B12. For most people, solves the treatment problem and its symptoms, but any nerve damage occurs due to the deficiency of this vitamin can always be.
Now that you know the natural vitamin B-12, and symptoms of vitamin deficiency and how to treat this point, if you have an questions you can consult one of our doctors here.