It may be difficult to figure out the best foods you eat in case you are a diabetic, the main goal is to maintain blood sugar levels, however, it is also important to eat foods that help prevent complications of diabetes such as diseases of the heart; to you the most important food for diabetics , suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The most important food for diabetics
Here’s the most important food that you can eat in case you are a diabetic, whether Type I or II:
- Fatty fish which contain fat omega-3 which reduce inflammation and other risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
- The house , which reduces your risk of heart disease, promotes the control of blood sugar well, and protects the health of the eye and makes you feel full.
- Greek yogurt , which promotes healthy blood sugar levels, reduces risk factors for heart disease and can help in weight management.
Read also: feeding the diabetic patient … and 10 myths about feeding diabetics
Vegetables and fruits
The most important food for diabetic should include vegetables, fruits and of course, here are some examples:
- Green leafy vegetables are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that protect the health of your heart and your eyes.
- Broccoli diet low-calorie, and contains a low percentage of carbohydrates with high nutritional value as it is rich in compounds healthy vegetable can be its protection from various diseases.
- Strawberry is a fruit and low-sugar properties strong anti-inflammatory and may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pumpkin or pumpkin summer winter and contains anti-oxidants useful and may help to reduce blood sugar levels and insulin.
Read also: meals for patients with diabetes and some ways to prepare
Spices, herbs and seeds
- Garlic helps to reduce blood sugar and inflammation, lowers cholesterol, bad blood pressure and diabetics.
- Cinnamon which help to control blood sugar and sensitivity against insulin, the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in patients with Type II diabetes.
- The seeds of the thing that contain large amounts of fiber, and are low-digestible carbohydrates may reduce blood pressure and inflammation.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which may reduce sugar levels in the blood and inflammation, while protecting from diseases of the heart and kidneys.
- Flax seeds may reduce inflammation, and reduce the risk of injury in diseases of the heart and reduce the blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
Read Also: diet for diabetics .. options for everyday meals three
There are also..
May include the most important food for diabetics some options are unfamiliar, such as:
- Apple cider vinegar , which can improve insulin sensitivity and lowers glucose levels in the blood, has also helps you feel full longer.
- Olive oil extra virgin which contains acid those health, which has benefits for blood pressure and heart health.
- Nuts which are a healthy addition to a balanced diet for diabetics, they are low digestible carbohydrates and help to lower blood sugar and insulin levels bad cholesterol.
- Cloud in the lattice these enhances the feeling of fullness and improve the level of sugar in blood and levels of cholesterol.
Read also: list of food for diabetics
The most important food for diabetics (breakfast)
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but there are many options that may be rich in sugars and calories, which makes them bad choices, here is a good choice for a healthy breakfast.
Scrambled eggs with a bowl of oatmeal and blue berries; provide This Meal quick protein through the scrambled eggs, and 40 kcal, most of them of oat flour rich in berries and fiber that slow down digestion to help prevent high blood sugar.
Needs of persons with diabetes to monitor all the kinds of carbohydrates you eat, which include cereals, bread, rice, pasta and starchy vegetables, sweets, fruits, milk and yogurt.
Read Also: diet for diabetes … can help you to reduce sugar in the blood?
The most important food for diabetics (lunch)
Grilled chicken is simple, you can eat up to 1/2 cup of the flesh of the breast, remove the skin; add the sweet potatoes and asparagus to get a nutritious meal too.
Potatoes are rich in fiber and vitamin A, it’s a naturally sweet, all you need is a sprinkle of cinnamon, which is a spice that may help manage blood sugar.
Read also: what is the food appropriate for diabetic patients?
The most important food for diabetics (dinner)
A turkey sandwich on freshly baked whole grain with the vegetables; you can add a fruit salad and a glass of low-fat milk for a fantastic meal; this meal contains six grams of fiber which helps manage blood sugar, each of milk, fruits and vegetables are high in potassium to help lower blood pressure.
Read also: drinks reduced sugar. here’s 11 of them
Now that you know the most important food for diabetics and their benefits, tell us which of these dishes would you prefer? For further information about diabetes you can contact one of our doctors here.