Did you know that children that are born with hole in the heart in increasing the level of regret? But don’t worry, you can choose that forever, and does not affect the child’s future proceed with us, dear reader of this article.
What is the hole in the heart?
Is the opening in the wall between the atria (upper chambers in the heart), is a congenital defect is present at birth, may be found on small imperfections by chance and do not cause problem, it removes the hole from the amount of blood flowing through the lungs, and if the flag directly it may be surgery or closure of the hole is essential to prevent complications.
Read Also: What are congenital heart defects in children?
Symptoms hole in heart
Many children do not show symptoms, but can the symptoms begin in adulthood and include:
- Shortness of breath, especially when exercising.
- Swelling in the legs, feet or abdomen.
- Heart palpitations.
- The sound of my heart the abnormal.
Types of hole in the heart
There is no obvious cause of congenital heart defects, genetic and environmental factors may play a role in it, there are several types of septal defects atrial septal defects (hole in the heart), including:
- Atrial septal defect is the most common type and occurs in the middle of the wall between the atria (atrial septal).
- Atrial septal defect initial happens this defect in the lower part of the atrial septal.
- Defect venous sinuses occurs this defect is rare and is usually in the upper part of the atrial septal.
- Defect sinuses the coronary arteries in this defect is rare, be the hole in the wall between the coronary sinus atrium and left atrium.
Factors that may cause congenital heart defects
Read also: the dangers of rubella to the fetus
Complications the hole in the heart
Piercing the heart and
Most women can source the piercing of the heart pregnancy without problems relating to this defect, however, the presence of the defect is greater or the presence of complications such as heart failure or palpitations or pulmonary hypertension can increases the risk of complications during pregnancy.
How is the diagnosis of the puncture of the heart?
- Hear heart murmurs during the examination, have the doctor suspected in the presence of a hole in the heart may also request other tests.
- Echocardiogram (echo) this is the test most commonly used to diagnose atrial septal defect, allows the doctor to see the chambers of your heart (atria and ventricles) and measuring the strength of pumping.
- X-rays of the chest, this helps to see the condition of your heart and lungs.
- EKG (ECG) score this test the electrical activity of your heart and helps in identifying the problems of heart rhythm.
- Cardiac catheterizationis the introduction of narrow, flexible tube (catheter) into a blood vessel in the groin or arm and direct it to your heart.
- Magnetic resonance imaging to create three-dimensional images of your heart and other organs.
- A CT scan, this uses a series of X-rays to create detailed images of your heart.
Treatment of puncture of the heart
- Many of the defects of atrial septal closing on its own during childhood, for those that do not close may require surgery in the end.
- Medical surveillance for you or your child, you may be asked the nature of your attention to detail on the situation.
- Wouldn’t say drugs repair the hole, but it may be used to provide some of the symptoms that can accompany atrial septal defect.
- The surgery is recommended by many doctors to repair the atrial septal defect available to adults who have been diagnosed during childhood or adulthood to prevent future complications. However, it is not advised to have surgery if you have high blood pressure pneumonia acute because it may make the situation worse.
- For adults and children, the doctors will assess the situation and determine if what will be the committee to fix the hole by catheter or open-heart surgery.
In the end, dear reader, don’t worry about the treatment of the hole in the heart has become available and safe, and if you have any question you can consult one of our doctors here.