The high level of sugar in the blood is a common problem in people with diabetes of all types, but it may happen usually as a result of the incidence of other health, keep with us dear reader the following article to know the causes of this problem and symptoms as well as how to treat it.
Symptoms of high sugar level in the blood
Develop symptoms of high blood sugar in diabetics slowly over a few days or weeks, and in some cases may not show any symptoms until sugar levels rise significantly, the symptoms may include the following:
- Repeated need to urinate.
- Tiredness and fatigue.
- Increased thirst and dry mouth.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Weight loss without justification.
- Recurrent infections, such as cystitis or inflammation of the skin.
- Blurred vision.
- Exit odor resembling the smell of fruit from the mouth.
- Numbness or tingling in the feet.
Causes of high blood sugar
Can perform several factors to high blood sugar levels, and includes some of the following:
- A nervous laugh.
- Some diseases, such as colds.
- The lack of activity and exercise.
- Not to eat the dose of medication your diabetic, or the dose is incorrect.
- Some medications such as steroids.
- Eating a lot of food, especially when eating snacks between main meals.
- Over-treating low blood sugar.
Read also: the rate of natural sugar in the blood and measure it.
Complications of high blood sugar level
You should note increased sugar levels in the blood and speed her treatment, because it may lead to serious health problems if not addressed, where they may cause life-threatening complications, including the following:
Read also: the treatment of high sugar in the blood, the risk of high blood sugar.
The treatment of high blood sugar level
You should consult your doctor when you feel any symptoms to indicate high sugar in your blood, you will be introduced to your doctor some tips and guidelines that will help you to reduce the levels of sugar in blood, include the following:
- Change your diet, your doctor may advise you to avoid foods that increase blood sugar, such as sugary drinks.
- Drink plenty of fluids, sugar-free, especially if you are suffering from the drought.
- Exercise often, and you can practice simple exercises such as walking, to help you lose weight, thereby lowering blood sugar.
- Adjust the dosage of insulin that you use if you have diabetes, use insulin injections as treatment.
- Conduct analysis of the sugar regularly to monitor blood sugar levels, and the level of ketones is associated with the occurrence of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Read also: treat diabetes in the home in simple ways.
Need to consult a doctor
After we have explained you the important information on the status of the high level of sugar in the blood, you should know that there is an emergency you should contact your doctor immediately upon exposure to no, and the appearance of the following symptoms:
- A problem in implementation.
- Dryness or redness of the skin.
- High levels of ketones in the urine.
These symptoms are the symptoms of a case of diabetic ketoacidosis, this situation can be life threatening in case not treated, you should consult a doctor immediately to determine proper treatment for you.
In the end, dear reader, that you know all the important information about the high level of sugar in the blood, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.