Everyone knows that the effect of smoking on health include damage to the lungs, mouth and throat in general, but what are the other negative effects caused by smoking? Keep reading to learn more.
The effect of smoking on health
Smoking many of the damages that affect, directly, on different parts of your body, to various degrees, some of these damages include:
- When you smoke, the affect of toxic substances with cigarettes on the blood flow in your body it makes your blood thicker and increase the chances of clots and narrowing of the arteries, leading to stroke or heart attack over the long term.
- Smoking damages your heart and circulatory system, which increases the risk of diseases such as coronary artery disease , heart attack, stroke and peripheral vascular disease (damaged blood vessels) cerebral vascular disease (damaged arteries that supply your brain with blood), but the good news is that after just one year of stop smoking, the risk is reduced by half, after stopping for 15 years, choose these risks like you never smoked before.
- Smokers have an increased chance of infection with cancer of the stomach or the loan, as it can weaken the smoking muscles that control the lower esophagus, leading to GERD.
- The effect of smoking on health also includes the exposure to the risk of significant infection with kidney cancer, and the more smoking the greater the risk, for example, research has shown that if you smoke regularly 10 cigarettes a day, then you are more susceptible to kidney cancer and a half times compared to non-smokers, and women to click on the most likely if you smoke 20 cigarettes or more a day.
Read Also: How to get rid of smoking for good.
Do you smoke other negative effects on the rest of the body?
Smoking can affect your entire body negatively, somehow or another, here are some of the negative effects of the other on the body:
- Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen that reaches your skin, this means that if you smoke, your skin will look bigger than supposed to look like, as toxins resulting from smoking will also cellulite, these toxins will lead to the appearance of wrinkles, especially around your eyes and mouth, and will lead to the appearance of your skin dimmed, as they will make your overall appearance exhausted as a result of to dry the area of the cheeks you have yellowing of your face; the good news is that once you stop smoking, you will prevent the deterioration of your skin dramatically.
- Can cause smoking to become your bones weak and brittle, you should be more careful especially because they are more likely to suffer from osteoporosis than non-smokers.
- Can be affected your lungs, also smoking, and heavily, the way colds wheezing and asthma are just the start, smoking can cause deadly diseases such as pneumonia andlung cancer, as smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- The effect of smoking on health may also be on the mouth and throat, smoking leads to bad breath, yellowing of teeth, as well as gum disease different and damage the sense of taste, and of course increase the risk of developing cancer of the lips, tongue, throat, and esophagus. More than 93% of cancer of the mouth and pharynx (cancer in a part of the throat) are caused by smoking.
Read Also: How to clean the lungs effects of smoking?
Smoking and sexual
Finally, the effect of smoking on health can include impotence in males, because it destroys the blood vessels that supply the penis with blood, it can also lead to damage sperm and reduce sperm count and cause testicular cancer.
For women, smoking can reduce fertility, it also increases the risk of infection with cervical cancer, and in addition, smoking during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage, or premature birth, increases the risk of child’s death before his birth by at least 25%.
Read more about the effects of smoking on fertility and reproduction when a man and a woman from here.
You can turn off the effect of passive smoking on health, about ways to quit smoking at any time, all you have to do is develop a plan and stick to them, you can also consult your doctor to help you put this plan, or consult one of our doctors here.