Skin cancer is a condition that occurs due to abnormal growth of skin cells and sun-exposed areas of the skin are more susceptible to this disease, but it may be formed also in places that are not usually exposed to the sun in this article, we will explore the causes of skin cancer and what are its symptoms.
What is skin cancer?
Skin cancer is the abnormal growth of the skin cells where it generally occurs in sun-exposed areas, there are two types of skin cancer are classified according to the type of skin that affects the cancer:
- The first type are skin cancers basal area this is the most forms of skin cancer common this type can appear on sun-exposed areas like the head and neck.
- The second type is melanoma, this type of cancer develops from the cells that give natural color to the skin exposure of these cells known as pigment cells, and the offices formed by the pigment cells can become cancerous, can be treated, most melanomas if identified and treated early, but if left untreated they can spread to other parts of the body and difficult to treat as that melanomas are more prevalent than cancer of the skin basal area.
Read also: forms moles cancer the difference between benign moles pictures
The causes of skin cancer
Excessive exposure to the sun
Ultraviolet radiation from the sun is the main cause of most types of skin cancer, as UV light damages the DNA in skin cells and can cause skin cancer.
The color of the skin
People with fair skin who have freckles are more at risk of skin cancer, and that children and youth who are exposed to the sun significantly at risk of developing some types of skin cancer especially if they have pale-colored skin.
Previous infection with skin cancer
Of the causes of skin cancer also previous infection with skin cancer increase the risk of developing skin cancer again, it may be in the same place as before or elsewhere on the body.
The lower region
People who have weak immune system are more susceptible to skin cancer for example:
- People who are exposed to drugs that lower their areas such as immune suppressants after the transplant of a particular organ such as the kidney.
- People living with HIV
- People who suffer from some types of leukemia such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Read also: strengthen the immune system in 4 simple and easy steps
Exposure to chemicals
Another reason that may cause skin cancer is overexposure to certain chemicals, usually at work, so if you are exposed to chemicals in the workplace, you must wear protective clothing and use protective equipment, and must follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using chemicals in the home.
Most skin cancers are not caused by the gene inherited can be passed on to other family members, but are likely to be family-friendly the same type of skin which may increase the risk of skin cancer.
Read Also: analysis of genetic inheritance, and what that reveals of diseases?
Symptoms of skin cancer
After that we know the causes of skin cancer we know its symptoms, so that cancer of the skin is not completely identical, and may not cause many symptoms, however changes can be unusual on the skin is a warning sign of various types of cancer these symptoms include:
- The appearance of the sore, dark spots or scaly patches on the skin do not disappear.
- The appearance of some moles with uneven surfaces.
- The appearance of white spots or pink or blue on the skin.
Read more about cancer of the skin and its treatment methods in detail
Dear reader and that you know with us on the causes of skin cancer and the symptoms that it causes, we recommend you note any of these symptoms consult your physician, if you have any questions you can consult one of our doctors here.