Some people add honey to coffee and tea or use it as a sweetener on bread. But what are the benefits of honey for me? In this article you will learn on these benefits and the effect of honey on blood sugar.
How it affects of honey on blood sugar?
Because honey is a natural sugar carbohydrates, it is natural that affects the sugar in your blood somehow, when compared to the local market extracted from sugar cane, it turns out that honey has less influence.
Read also: tips for diabetics between the dos and don’ts.
Do you prevent honey from the diabetes?
- Although the honey may increase the level of insulin and helps with diabetes to control blood sugar, but it does not seem that there is no research unequivocally supports honey as a preventive agent for diabetes. This may not be reasonable.
- Researchers have found a potential link between honey and low glycemic index. Where the study was conducted on 50 people have diabetes of the first type and 30 people have diabetes of the second type, the researchers found that compared to the market, was the honey less impact on blood sugar.
Read Also: which is riskier, diabetes Type I or IIis?
Does honey damage on a patient diabetes?
- Keep in mind that honey is sweeter than sugar. If you decide to replace the honey away, you just need to a little. Because honey can affect blood sugar, if the sugar you have high you should avoid it temporarily and avoid other sweeteners to sugar control you have.
- You should consume honey in moderation. You must also check first with your doctor before using it as a sweetener additional.
- If a sugar within the normal range and you want to add honey to your diet, choose natural honey pure or organic or raw. These types are safer for diabetics because honey is natural and contains no extra sugar.
Read also: the fairy tale about feeding the diabetic patient
The benefits of natural honey for diabetes
- Of the benefits of honey is that it can increase the level of insulin and help control blood sugar. Can be the replacement of sugar with honey is also useful, keeping in mind that honey is a source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Can a diet rich in anti-oxidants that improves the way the reception of the body of the market, as anti-inflammatory properties in honey can reduce the complications of diabetes.
- Can inflammation leads to resistance to insulin, when the body doesn’t respond to insulin properly.
Read Also: when a patient needs diabetes to insulin
The benefits of honey for diabetes Type II
Can lead shift from refined sugar to raw honey to the tremendous advantages. When compared with sugars and refined from sucrose, such as cane sugar and white sugar powder, the honey is a local diet. While it contains more carbohydrates and calories, it is nutritious and natural affects blood glucose moderately. Here are some of its benefits are notable:
- The management of weight loss.
- A natural source of energy.
- Reduces the risk factors to develop symptoms of Type II diabetes.
- Along with anti-TB drugs, the improved control of blood sugar.
- Increases insulin and reduces hyperglycemia.
- Treatment of wounds, diabetic ulcers, and also helps in the functions of the counter to eliminate germs, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic.
But warn you, dear reader, that the use of honey for diabetes be in moderation and under the supervision of your doctor.
Read also: treat the retina for diabetic.
In the end, after that you know the benefits of honey for me .. if you have any further queries you can consult one of our doctors here.