From the natural to become the teeth of the person less data with the progress of the work, and a lot of people to home remedies to try to get rid of yellowing teeth, keep with us dear reader this article to learn the benefits of baking powder to the teeth and what are the reasons that lead to yellowing of the teeth?
The causes of yellowing of teeth
Eroding the enamel with age and as a result is exposed, the bottom layer which is called ivory, which makes the teeth look yellow, and can become teeth yellow for the following reasons:
- Foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, colas, and some fruits and vegetables (like apples and potatoes).
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Lack of attention to dental care and lack of cleaning by brushing and medical conditions or the use of mouthwash in a regular manner.
- Can perform many of the diseases that affect the enamel to change the color of your teeth.
- Can cause some treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy teeth discoloration.
- Some antibiotics which contain tetracycline anddoxycyclinecause teeth discoloration.
Also read: the causes of yellowing of teeth and methods of treatment, medical and household.
The benefits of baking powder for teeth
Needs baking powder on the properties of the natural whitening and this is the reason that an element commonly found in toothpaste commercial, it is an abrasive light can help in cleaning the stains of the teeth surface, in addition creates the baking powder, the alkaline environment in the mouth which prevents the growth of bacteria.
You can use baking powder for teeth whitening but this process requires time and patience, but did not prove the science after that wash teeth pain baking powder will lead to whitening of the teeth, but several studies indicate that the toothpaste that contains baking powder no significant effect on tooth whitening.
One study showed that toothpastes containing baking powder was much more effective in removing the yellow stains from the teeth toothpastes free of them, the greater the concentration of baking powder, the greater the effect.
Furthermore, the review showed five studies that toothpastes that contain baking powder removed the soil from the teeth more effectively than toothpastes that are free of them.
To use this remedy mix a teaspoon of baking powder or baking soda with the two teaspoons of water and wash your teeth.
Baking powder or baking soda is an abrasive must be treated with caution, so note, dear reader, to consult a dentist before using any of them on the teeth so as not to cause damage to the teeth.
Read also: the benefits of sodium bicarbonate for teeth.
Ways to keep teeth
After that you know the benefits of baking powder teeth know some ways that help to reduce the phenomenon of yellowing of teeth is as follows:
- Attention to clean your teeth regularly by brushing the metal of the first steps the most important to maintain teeth and prevent plaque buildup on them.
- Cleaning teeth service medical andmouthwash no less important than teeth brushing plans helps to remove the remnants of foods and the relationship between teeth and washing cleans areas not accessible to brush or floss.
- Reduce the intake of foods and drinks that cause yellowing of the teeth, but that doesn’t mean that you should avoid it completely, but you should wash your teeth after you eat it immediately.
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco because they cause the accumulation of harmful substances on the teeth, the phenomenon of yellowing of the teeth is more prevalent among smokers.
- Minimize the intake of sugars, especially simple carbohydrates, since sugars cause the growth of streptococcus bacteria which is the main reason to be promotions andinflammation of the gums, so be sure to wash the teeth well after eating the sugars directly.
- Getting sufficient amounts of calcium in the diet, where it is necessary for the growth and renewal of the enamel layer is eroded, and foods rich in calcium (milk and dairy, and broccoli).
Read also: a way to make your teeth always white as snow.
At the end of the article about the benefits of baking powder to the teeth that we can, dear reader, that we have answered all your questions, if you have any further queries do not hesitate to consult one of our doctors here.