- Gastric cancer is a fairly uncommon form of cancers, arises from cells lining the stomach wall, occurs when cancer cells grow abnormal and divide out of control and what is called a tumor.
- Rarely occurs before age 40 years, but it is more common with age until it reaches its peak in the sixth decade of life.
- There are marked differences in incidence in different parts of the world where it is in the United Kingdom occur at a rate of 15 case في100000 inhabitants per year, while in Japan more common at a rate of 70 cases per 100,000 population. In general, men are more affected than women.
Symptoms of stomach cancer
Symptoms appear in two stages:
Symptoms of stomach cancer early
It is common that people who suffer from cancer in the early stages do not show them any symptoms. However, in gastric cancer it shows some of the signs and symptoms even though still in the early stages.
Symptoms may include:
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Pain in the abdomen or pain vague over the area of the navel.
- Indigestion and heartburn or vomiting.
- Loss or lack of appetite.
- Of diarrhea or constipation.
- Weak or tired year.
- Blood in vomit or stool.
- A feeling of fullness after small meals.
Many of the symptoms of stomach cancer in early stage is also a symptom of other problems in the stomach less serious like a stomach ulcer. If you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, it is important to see your doctor. Whenever you have been diagnosed with cancer in the early, all the treatment was faster.
2. Symptoms of advanced stomach cancer
The symptoms of more serious symptoms in the early stages, because the cancer advanced had grown and spread, it can also affect nearby members including:
- The liver.
- The large intestine (colon).
If the growth of cancer of the stomach creates a blockage within the stomach or the large intestine, in this case the patient may suffer from:
- The loss of appetite.
- Weight loss significantly.
- Constant vomiting.
Include the symptoms that indicate the spread of stomach cancer to the liver the following:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- Ascites (swollen stomach from fluid retention).
- Stanford Health Care (2019) Stomach Cancer Symptoms , Available at: https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-conditions/cancer/stomach-cancer/stomach-cancer-symptoms.html (Accessed: 17November 2019).
- Cancer.Net Editorial Board (2019) Stomach Cancer: Symptoms and Signs, Available at: https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/stomach-cancer/symptoms-and-signs (Accessed: 17November 2019).