Leukemia occurs when there is abnormal proliferation or excessive white blood cells in the body and injury in men more than women you know with us dear readers in this article on the symptoms of leukemia in adults and its causes and methods of prevention.
Symptoms of leukemia for adults
The symptoms of leukemia depending on the quality of these symptoms include:
- Constant fatigue and weakness
- Loss of appetite, nausea
- Weight loss
- Sweating during the night.
- Bone pain or arthritis
- Pain in the abdomen or distension
- Frequent headaches
- Shortness of breath
- Recurrent infections
- Itchy skin or rash
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck or armpits or groin
Read also: symptoms of lymphoma
Causes of blood cancer
Symptoms of leukemia in adults are clear symptoms can be observed but there is no specific reason cancer the blood and can prevent infection but there are some factors that can increase the risk of infection such as:
- Smoking as tobacco found in cigarettes affects the blood vessels making you more susceptible to leukemia
- Exposure to radiation or certain chemicals.
- Radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- The family history of the disease cancer blood.
- A genetic disorder such as Down syndrome.
Read also: causes of Down syndrome
How cancer occurs the blood?
Blood three types of cells and are white blood cells that fight infection, red blood cells which carry oxygen to the body, and platelets which help your blood to clot.
Make bone marrow, billions of new blood cells and most cells of the red and of cancer of the blood making your body cells more white than he needs.
Red blood cells responsible for delivering oxygen to the cells of the body when cancer blood less number of RBCs will lead to a lack of oxygen andblood platelets.
Read Also: What are the symptoms of anemia?
Methods of prevention of cancer of the blood
After that you know the symptoms of leukemia adults also know some tips to prevent them, although there is no way to prevent leukemia completely however, these tips may help reduce the risk of injury, including:
- Stop smoking because of its negative effects on the body.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals of high risk, such as gasoline.
- Avoid exposure to radiation.
- Exercise reduce the incidence of cancer.
- A healthy diet to reduce the intake of sugars and fats.
- Eating large amount of fruits and vegetables and whole grains and legumes.
- Consult a doctor when feeling any weird symptoms.
- Periodic examination for the elderly because they are more susceptible to cancer.
Most often similar to the symptoms of Leukemia Symptoms of other diseases more common like the flu however the symptoms may be more severe because leukemia affects the white blood cells may indicate infections recurring to something more serious than the flu, if you have symptoms that resemble the flu or other health problems that are more frequent than usual you should go to a doctor because early diagnosis helps a lot in healing.
Also read: ways to treat leukemia
At the end of the article after that you know, dear reader, the symptoms of leukemia for adults and the reasons for its occurrence and ways to prevent it, you must know that simple changes in lifestyle can make a big difference in the Prevention of cancer of the blood, and in the case if you have more questions and inquiries you can consult one of our doctors here