The function of the kidneys are important in carrying out waste and toxins from the blood, of the fluid resulting from the digestion, when you increase the quantity starts to accumulation and adhesion in the kidneys, here called stones are the resulting symptoms of kidney stones that have since the time of their first appearance to consult a doctor immediate, so as not to cause serious complications.
What are kidney stones?
Unfold the gravel of the solid blocks manufactured from the crystals, may appear one kidney or one kidney, do not be discouraged where one can develop and become in the ureter, or the urethra, or bladder.
Types of kidney stones
When the symptoms of kidney stones the patient to a single whole while it is Types of kidney stones the following:
Calcium kidney stones
Are the most common among species other consisting of calcium phosphate, or maleate.
Uric kidney stones
Happens when turns the urine becomes acidic when the substance purine, most of the people who suffer from them are men and gout, or who are treated chemically.
Kidney stones struvite
Those stones are a great size for the rest of the species and most of the infected are women, and the treatment due to a kidney infection, or infections.
Kidney stone cystine
Types of gravel is rare and is caused due to leakage of this acid from the kidneys to the urine, and with genetic factors.
Sizes of kidney stones
Know the sizes of the gravel play an important role in the severity of symptoms of kidney stones, where can be small and pass without the occurrence of problems, in that case, the size ranges from 1 to 5 inches and no smaller than 5 MS, in that case, the proportion of healing them to 90%.
Read also know the symptoms of bone cancer and stages and methods of treatment
In other cases, which require urgent medical intervention are ranging in size from 5 mm to 10 mm, and in that case the proportion of treatment does not reach 50%, due to the large size of the pebbles, must have received appropriate treatment for them.
Causes of kidney stones
The reason to be kidney stones are the increase the chemicals in the urine, with said fluid produced from the lack of water intake adequately, which helps dissolved in a natural way, but there are also some medications which help in the Be gravel, such as:
- Drugs to treat HIV.
- Epilepsy meds.
Symptoms of kidney stones general
You may not show symptoms of kidney stones in the initial stages when the stones are small in size and facilitates their passage through the urethra, to when to increase its size and to the ureter, setting off symptoms to appear again such as:
- Out blood with urine.
- The burning during urination.
- Desire to urinate frequently in an exaggerated manner.
- The secretion of a small amount of urine.
- The appearance of cells white blood or pus with the urine.
- Severe pain in the groin.
- Feeling intense pain in one side of the abdomen.
After learning about the symptoms of kidney stones if you notice the appearance of any of the previous symptoms mentioned by you or someone close to you should visit a doctor immediately for proper treatment.
Factors that increase the risk of kidney stones
May help some of the factors in the emergence of symptoms of kidney stones such as:
- Of have a family history with kidney stones.
- Diet lacks the proportion of protein that your body needs.
- Lack of water intake adequately.
- Previous infection with kidney disease multiple cysts.
- High cystine in urine.
- The intake of pills.
- Surgery on the bowel or arteries of the stomach.
- Increasing the weight.
- The incidence of hypertension.
- Inflammation of the urinary tract.
- Cases of hypothyroidism.
Read also the burning of the CARDIA causes and how to treat them
Diagnosis of kidney stones
Develops when the symptoms of kidney stones go to the doctor to determine the size of the gravel, and what is the status of the patient, and the diagnosis is as follows:
- The doctor begins to identify the health history of the patient fully, and genetic history, and make sure the signs and symptoms of kidney stones, then do the initial.
- Blood tests to check the level of calcium, phosphorus, and uric acid to assess renal function.
- In order to know the type of stone you should do scans and uric acid, or straw died.
- Examination of the urine to know the level of crystals, bacteria and blood in the urine.
In the case of feeling severe pain from the symptoms of kidney stones the doctor is keen to undertake other tests such as:
- An X-ray and CT scan and abdominal rid of the gravel and place it faces, and its size.
- An ultrasound scan.
Do kidney stones cause kidney failure?
Burn doctors warn patients who suffer from kidney disease, the expansion speed for the doctor immediately after the appearance of the symptoms of kidney stones, to avoid falling into the complications that are almost rare, only in two cases only, such as a blockage or an infection, here the patient becomes vulnerable to kidney failure, but kidney stones do not cause kidney failure.
Treatment of kidney stones
The next step is to choose the appropriate treatment plan after the patient visited the doctor when his complaint was of severe symptoms of gallstones, and after testing that helped the doctor in proper diagnosis, and often treatment plan kidney stones as follows:
First, home care for kidney patients
- Always the doctor is keen on educating the kidney patient to intake sufficient water and liquids throughout the day so that at least 10 cups a day.
- Intake of juices that contain jackets because it helps prevent the formation of tophi during treatment.
- Add fresh lemon with water.
Secondly: the treatment of kidney stones medicines
- The doctor says to start the disbursement of medications, alpha-blockers, which help relieve the walls of the ureter, contributes to the expansion of the lanes to facilitate the passage of gravel easily.
- To ease the pain can be cashed acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil).
- The doctor can exchange naproxen sodium for pain (Aleve).
Read also know the process of kidney transplant
Third: the shock therapy of hisare
This treatment can turn to the doctor after the failure of the medicines in the solution of the problem which is a directed shocks of high energy on the places that are positioned by the formation of kidney stones, in order to open it and make it pass through the urethra with ease.
IV: kidney stones laparoscopic
Because of the complications that can of exposure kidney patient of shock therapy, and in that case the problem can be solved by the path on the way to the introduction of the endoscope of the urinary tract to be up to the stones and repeating and fragmentation without opening the incisions.
But doctors recommend after undergo for the treatment of any physician should be periodic medical examinations of the former to address the disappearance of the gravel or the patient will need treatment again.
How to prevent kidney stones again?
- Avoid dehydration by sufficient intake of fluids and water.
- Reducing the amount of salt in food.
- Stay away from dishes that contain oxalate by high such as spinach, instant coffee, oranges, chocolate, peanuts.
- The distribution of the proportion of calcium, protein and bulk as the amount that the body needs exactly.
- Maintain appropriate weight.
- Move away fully from the dietary supplements.
- Eating low-fat dairy products.
- Not excessive amount of sodium in bulk must be moderate.
Kidney stones are made up of crystals are on the body mass when they grow up their size causes the appearance of the symptoms of kidney stones almost feel the patient’s pain, the causes vary the composition depending on the type of stone, and that is why you should immediate diagnosis to determine the size and type, to determine by appropriate treatment.
It may interest you to also learn: the symptoms of the sand of the kidneys and causes of injury and methods of treatment
It might interest you also: of ureteral stones and the stages of the descent and how to open it