The heart is of the most important members of the body, if the heart has stopped, life ended, there is a lot of disease problems that affect the heart such as inflammation of the pericardium or pericarditis, so in this article Dear Reader we will learn the symptoms of inflammation of the pericardium and when you should visit a doctor.
What is inflammation of the pericardium is?
Pericarditis is swelling and irritation of the pericardium, the pericardium is the thick membrane perimeter by force, often causing pericarditis pain in chest symptoms other sometimes, occurs a sharp pain in the chest associated with inflammation of the pericardium when the friction layers irritated of the pericardium against each other.
Begins with inflammation of the heart suddenly returned, but it does not last long, and when they develop symptoms gradually or, in this case depends pericarditis chronic. Most cases of pericarditis are simple and usually move on their own, this may include the treatment of severe cases medications rarely include surgery, and may help early diagnosis and treatment reduce the risk of long-term complications of pericarditis.
Read also: know the syndrome Dressler one of the types of inflammation of the pericardium.
Symptoms of inflammation of the pericardium
- Has pericarditis or inflammation of the pericardium on different types, depending on the pattern of symptoms and the duration of the continuation, and continue the inflammation of acute pericarditis is usually less than three weeks, and continues to pericarditis during sleep from four to six weeks but less than three months.
- Described as inflammation of the pericardium that frequent if it occurs after about four to six weeks of the occurrence of pericarditis acute, with an interval free of symptoms between them, and a description of pericarditis as chronic if symptoms persist longer than three months.
- If you suffer from inflammation of acute pericarditis, the most common symptoms is a sharp pain in the chest, feel it in the back of the chest or in the left side of your chest, however, some people with acute pericarditis describe their pain the chest that is painful or like pressure, and his strength is varying.
- You may end the pain of acute pericarditis to your shoulder and left, often intensifies when you cough or use my or take deeply, you can sit or lean forward often to relieve the pain, and in some cases, it may be difficult to distinguish between the pain of pericarditis is pain that occurs because of heart attack.
- Lead pericarditis chronic usually to the presence of fluid around the heart, and symptoms of inflammation of the pericardium chronic common is chest pain.
Depending on the type, the symptoms may include inflammation of the pericardium following:
- Acute chest pain, and this pain the center of the chest or the left side of the chest, which will be even more severe when breathing.
- Shortness of breath when reclining.
- Heart palpitations.
- A low fever.
- A general feeling of weakness or fatigue or ill feeling.
- Swelling of the abdomen or leg.
Read also: know the inflammation of the wall of the heart and its causes.
When to see a doctor?
Look for immediate medical care if you have new symptoms of chest pain, many of the symptoms of pericarditis are similar to the symptoms of diseases of the heart and other lung, and the more you have been seen immediately, whenever you receive a proper diagnosis and treatment; for example, although the cause of acute chest pain may be pericarditis, but the original cause could be a heart attack or a blood clot in the lungs (the supporters of the pneumonia).
In the end, dear reader, that you know the symptoms of inflammation of the pericardium .. if you have any queries, you can consult one of our doctors here.