Studies conducted by American scientists to be between 2 to 3 children per 1000 are born they have a hearing problem either to have the child deaf or suffering from hearing loss, although any type of hearing loss that occurs in the early stages of a child’s life can lead to serious complications that can lead to hearing problems to the problems in the control children because the process of transformation and adaptation begins only after the first months of birth.
In our article we will learn on the most important symptoms that are the signs of hearing impairment in children must be known by all who deal with children, especially parents.
Hearing impairment in children
Is the ability to hear is important for children because the development of speaking skills and language for children and their future depends on hearing them since the first days of their birth.
In the past it was not the parents are obliged to the problem of hearing impairment in children up to the age of two years and are diagnosed later when the child’s ability to control.
But research has shown that diagnosis and intervention to address the problem of hearing impairment when the child before the age of 6 months and achieve much better results of diagnosis after 6 months of work, that’s why you should check the birth because it has become a necessity in many countries today.
As that in the case of a hearing impairment must take appropriate action as soon as possible and at a younger age to avoid any complications may occur.
The causes of hearing impairment in children
Can vary causes of hearing impairment in children so that they can be divided since the beginning of the formation of the fetus during its development in the uterus before birth, to these causes that lead to hearing loss after birth.
Despite the high incidence of hearing impairment in children however, many of these cases are preventable if detected in time and the implementation of proper treatment.
Here are some of the most common causes of poor or hearing loss in children:
The causes of hearing loss prenatal
- Often have impaired hearing resulting from disease or complications of hereditary during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Or due to some infections that may be treated by the mother during pregnancy which can severely damage the hearing of her child during its growth in the uterus (such as being infected with rubella and syphilis).
- The lack of oxygen at birth or shortly before birth is known as choking where can also lead to hearing impairment.
- Parents who suffer from hearing problems are more likely to have a child with the same problem so that if both parents suffer from hearing loss the chance of having a baby weak fish more than 50%.
The causes of hearing impairment after birth
- After the birth of a child can lead to many factors to hearing loss that is most often for reasons other than genetic.
- The most common reason for hearing loss after the birth of a child is otitis media (chronic otitis media) injury to the child some infectious diseases such as measles , mumps and meningitis.
- Severe jaundice that affects newborn in the first 28 days after birth of the baby can damage your hearing seriously.
- Increase of hearing impairment in infants significantly if the mother is on medication which proved to be detrimental to the hearing of the child such as drugs diuretics.
Symptoms of hearing loss in children
It is important to protect the child from excessive noise that can damage hearing, and in addition regular cleaning of the ear canal and foreign bodies from entering the ears, it reduces the risk of hearing impairment.
It is also particularly important to treat ear infections and the use of appropriate medication at the appropriate time so you can treat this problem early and avoid complications.
So how would I know that my child has a hearing problem and this is through the challenge by myself through some of the procedures which produce it to existence:
If your child is a small kid, you should pay attention to:
- Do not respond to sounds high? For example, if the door was closed sharply due to the air stream is strong, you should give the child the movement of his body or his eyes betrays discomfort.
- Can he continue to sleep despite the noise high? Young children have a deep sleep and they wake up with difficulty, but very loud sounds should disturb their sleep.
- Are you speaking of the baby’s head in the direction of the sound? Of course we can’t always expect this of the child if his attention is attracted to something interesting may not respond to the noise so check to hear your child stand behind him and clap your hands hard when you have to report the condition don’t stand so close to him may feel air movement.
If your child is a little bigger so be sure to pay attention to when:
- Increases the TV’s sound dramatically.
- Starts jamming on his words, and speaks a few words vaguely, and distract his attention for any sound.
- I don’t always respond to the voice of the bell, whether the phone or the door.
- If it is difficult to have it follow the conversations near him, especially if there are a lot of people who talk or was in a noisy environment.
- If you notice that he is watching carefully the movement of the lips and ask the interlocutors to repeat what was said.
- If he complains often of tinnitus, dizziness, and headache.
- Look at your child’s concentration and accuracy when you talk to him and observed the reaction could be used to hints visual and verbal to understand your conversation, in this case try to speak to your baby from behind his back or avoid to have your face compared to his face if he does not respond to you or talk to you when there is a problem in his hearing.
- If he puts his hand behind his ear when you talk to him or when you talk to him, clutching one ear to the other.
- If your child hears Well sometimes and sometimes does not respond.
- When the child uses often the word “what?” When you talk to him.
- If your child’s grades or teacher said that your child does not listen and does not respond well.
- If you find it seems to your child that he is inattentive and distracted.
- If your child is talking louder than usual.
If you have doubts about hearing your child should bring it to a specialist ear, nose and throat out to test the sky.
And if you see any of these symptoms in your kid consult your doctor immediately to prevent complications of serious problems of hearing impairment with the appropriate diagnosis in a timely manner.
Prevention of hearing impairment in children
The ability of the fish from between the pillars most important to the growth of the child which will face the challenges and opportunities of life while maintaining self-esteem, the more you have been diagnosed with hearing disorders quickly increased the likelihood of normal growth and consistent manner in line with the age of the child:
- Are hearing tests at birth are essential for all newborns to identify the problem as soon as possible and receive appropriate treatment.
- Teach a child to constantly look to people while talking.
- Teach the child to ask if he didn’t understand the words in front of him.
- Raising children on the need to talk to them.
- To reduce the noise and avoid the hype with the kids so they can understand conversations.
- The next poems and songs voice the concept in front of the child and thank him in it.
- Talk to children naturally and easily understandable.
- Buy Sonic games without to be where a lot of noise.
- Contrary to the child as his own.
- Take the child to new places and new positions.
- Play with the child using sounds.
- Play video clips and music to the child.
- Teach him names of things and people who see them usually.
- Read a book of stories that introduce almost all aspects of a story.
- Giving a child a time when addressing you.
- Encourage him to tell stories and adventures of different, and encourage him to communicate with others.
- You should always protect children and infants from high noise.
- You must remember the child with the training necessary to protect the ear such as how to use the headphones.
- Treatment of the child when he gets colds or ear infections, and instant.
- Nutrition has a role in the hearing process must be a food-diverse and balanced as an addendum to the foods that contain vitamin D to strengthen his bones which helps to ease the absorption of calcium necessary, and recommends eating fish twice a week fish oils, liver and egg yolk are other sources of this vitamin.
- Vitamins A, C, E and magnesium do not excellent anti-oxidant properties and can protect from hearing loss resulting from noise, and helps vitamin C also reduce ear infections and strengthening the body’s defenses.
- Vitamin B12: improves this vitamin fish by regulating the formation of red blood cells, which are involved in the process of the metabolism of homocysteine and clay minerals.