The contents of the article
Known medically as the heart enlarged, and experienced doctors is a chronic disease it is a condition that affects the human shows the impact of the symptoms of an enlarged heart, so is the most important step of the examination and diagnosis by a doctor to determine the causes, because heart enlargement is not complications must be avoided, because in some cases, the symptoms of hypertrophy of the heart worrying and have a close relationship, and incidence of heart disease.
What is hypertrophy of the heart?
Also known as cardiomyopathy, which means that the heart has become larger than expected according to the age and size of the person of the patient, the diameter of the left ventricle from 2 to 2.5 inches, and here the plant begins to suffer from the symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy.
Types of cardiac hypertrophy
Occurs cardiac hypertrophy in two ways:
- The first type: is most common and happens when you become the walls of the heart nervous and thin, and therefore occurs by the weak and heart to work properly.
- Type II: in which increase the thickness of the walls of the heart specifically the muscle of the heart chamber main body responsible for pumping blood, which results in the inability of the heart to work with the same efficiency category most affected are pregnant women and athletes.
Enlarged heart in children
Rare injury to infants and children by heart, but in the case of injury to children impairment of cardiac hypertrophy, we must know the parents of the family have a history of heart disease, because the main reason for the occurrence of hypertrophy of the heart is a genetic factor, or exposure to viral infections, or undergo chemotherapy sessions, which is a cause of sudden death for children under the 18 years so you must immediately consult a doctor symptoms of enlarged heart for the first time.
Symptoms of enlarged heart in children
You may not show symptoms of enlarged heart in children in the beginning has been similar to the symptoms of colds, and that is why you must immediately after the appearance of its recourse must be to the correct diagnosis:
- Shortness of breath.
- Rapid development.
- Swelling of the abdomen.
- Feeling pain in the chest.
- Not feeling especially comfortable when doing activities.
Symptoms of enlarged heart in infants
In addition to the previous symptoms, these symptoms appear:
- Drowsiness severe.
- Difficulty feeding.
- Excessive sweating.
- Increasing the weight.
Is enlarged heart visit?
Can’t say for sure generally if it was enlarged heart will increase completely, because all of that will be determined according to the condition and age of the plant, but in most cases can’t cure it fully, and it is the only one who can do the doctor is to make the patient continue with that situation, and avoid suffering with the symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy, and to avoid complications, in addition to the reasons for the emergence of such a situation.
Is an enlarged heart dangerous?
Stop dangerous enlargement of the heart when the patient’s condition if he is suffering from risk factors that expose the patient’s life at risk, such as high blood pressure, or if the source is older, so you should follow up regularly with your doctor to legalize the dangerous enlargement of the heart.
Is enlarged heart cause of death?
Among the symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy major cardiac arrhythmia, or become slow, and at other times to become fast, and at this time the patient becomes an exhibition of the SCA, or the occurrence of sudden death.
The causes of cardiac hypertrophy
Likely the main reason for the occurrence of cardiac hypertrophy is the blockage of a coronary artery because the artery responsible for supplying blood to the heart that it needs, high blood pressure, but there are some other reasons that lead to the heart of it:
- Viral infections that infect the heart.
- Of kidney disease in which the patient’s dialysis.
- Genetic factors.
- Pregnancy, especially approaching the time of birth.
- Damage one of the valves of the heart.
- The exposure of heart attack.
- The injury problems of the thyroid gland.
- Lung problems.
- Pulmonary hypertension.
Symptoms of enlarged heart
May not the patient feels any of the symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy, but may show some signs and symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy in the post:
- Great difficulty in breathing.
- Edema (swelling of legs and ankles).
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling pain in the arm may appear in the neck or jaw or back.
After learning about the symptoms of enlarged heart if you notice the appearance of any of the previous symptoms mentioned by you or someone close to you should visit a doctor immediately for proper treatment.
Factors that increase the chance of goiter heart
- If the plant is suffering from severe obesity.
- Following the Egyptian pattern of life lacks stability.
- Drug abuse.
- Previous exposure of the heart attack.
- There is in the history of the family of the injured to swell the heart like a father or mother.
- Developing high high pressure.
- Metabolic disorders resulting from problems of the thyroid gland.
- Anemia because the red blood cells are responsible for providing oxygen to the blood which causes the acceleration of heart rate.
Complications of an enlarged heart
- Heart failure.
- Blood clots.
- Hole machining.
- Strokes heart.
- The sudden death of.
How is the diagnosis of cardiac hypertrophy
The first step in diagnosis is to know the symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy that started to emerge, in addition to family history and satisfactory to the patient, his previous and chronic illnesses, and medications that are dealt with routinely, because some of the drugs from their side effects they lead to enlargement of the heart, and then you make these tests:
- Full blood test to measure thyroid function, or the presence of a viral infection, or HIV, and to measure the level of cholesterol, sugar, protein, blood.
- Examination of the echocardiogram because it lets the doctor know a lot about the heart, such as size, the degree of thickening of the muscles, and work function of the mass as it should be or not.
- X-rays on the chest, helps in knowing how enlarged the heart muscle to increase its size on the screen.
- Do some cardio: helps in knowing how the performance of the coronary artery for the function of pumping blood, by detecting the presence of blockages in the coronary arteries.
- Stress test: measure the heart rate when doing activities that require effort.
- May the doctor for a MRI to determine the problem of enlargement of the heart main when you do not reach her examinations and tests previous.
- The doctor may choose the option of another biopsy by taking a small sample of heart tissue and examine it at the lab for the diagnosis of cardiac hypertrophy.
Methods of treatment of cardiac hypertrophy
The goal of treatment in this case is to try to control the symptoms of an enlarged heart, with safe, prevent the occurrence of complications, and may be the treatment professional follow the pattern of life is the living of the patient, in addition to treatment with drugs or surgical intervention.
First: the home care patient enlarged heart
- The constant activity.
- To maintain ideal weight.
- Follow a healthy balanced diet contains all the vitamins and minerals at the level required.
- Stop smoking.
- Stress management.
- Reduce the intake of food that contain fat is saturated, fat high.
Secondly: drugs, cardiac hypertrophy
- Doctor medications diuresis.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.
- Drugs reduced high blood pressure.
Third: the treatment of cardiac hypertrophy herbal
Of the road followed by the mission is the treatment of cardiac hypertrophy herbal remedies, which aim at solving problems that have caused it such as:
- Garlic: of the strongest natural antibiotics that fights infection, and helps in promoting cardiovascular health.
- Cinnamon: contains high levels of antioxidants that strengthen the heart muscle.
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory and helps in relieving the blood and prevent clotting.
- Onion effective for lowering blood pressure and contains antioxidants.
The primary reason for the emergence of symptoms of cardiac hypertrophy is high blood pressure, or blockage of a coronary artery, which results in large size of the heart natural, which almost result in serious complications, such as stroke, or heart failure, this must accelerate in the consult a doctor.
It might interest you also: heart disease symptoms and treatment – your guide to the comprehensive medical
It might interest you also: symptoms of rheumatic heart and how to cure it