Symptoms of calcium deficiency in children from common diseases, some of them, which causes the lack of growth full of kids who do not get enough calcium to their maximum potential at puberty.
Parents should know the fabric of the natural symptoms of calcium deficiency in children to face them and control them, even their children grow up perfectly healthy, so you have to follow article to utilize.
Calcium deficiency in children age two years
Calcium is a vital mineral used by the body to build strong bones and teeth, and there is also a need to calcium even works the heart and other muscles properly, when the body does not get enough calcium, increasing the risk of disorders such as:
- Disease of calcium deficiency (hypocalcemia)
Should be consumed the recommended amount of calcium daily through food you eat or dietary supplements or vitamins.
Causes of calcium deficiency in children
Due to lack of calcium in children to a variety of factors including:
- Poor calcium intake over a long period of time especially in childhood
- Drugs that may reduce the absorption of calcium
- Food intolerance to foods rich in calcium
- Hormonal changes
- Some genetic factors
- Vitamin D deficiency due to lack of sun exposure or not eating foods that contain it such as fish oil, egg yolks, fatty fish, milk, cereals and some fruit juices.
- Problems absorption
Read also the role of the learning methods for children in the stars
Symptoms of calcium deficiency in children
Symptoms of calcium deficiency in children two years of age
- Delayed growth
- Delayed motor skills such as crawling and late walking
- Pain in the spine, pelvis, and legs
- Muscle weakness
Because of rickets or hypocalcemia, dilute a suitable tissue growth at the ends of the bones of the child, it can cause structural abnormalities such as:
- Bowed legs or knees
- The thickness of wrist and ankles
- The projection of the breastbone
Symptoms of calcium deficiency in children major
May not cause calcium deficiency in the early stages no symptoms, however will develop symptoms of calcium deficiency in children with the progress of the case, include severe symptoms for hypocalcemia:
- Memory loss
- Muscle spasms
- Numbness and tingling in the hands, feet and face
- The nails weak and fragile
- Easily broken bones
- Slowing the growth of hair
- The weakening of the skin and fragility of the skin.
- Plays calcium also play an important role in the launch of the neurotransmitter wanted the muscles, so it can lead to calcium deficiency to seizures in healthy people.
If you start to suffer from neurological symptoms such as memory loss or numbness or twitching or hallucinations or seizures, make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible.
Calcium deficiency in children and convulsions
One of the first symptoms of calcium deficiency in children is injury, cramps, muscle since birth, due to the presence of severe deficiency in calcium and vitamin D in the body level may be less than 4.4 mg, although the required percentage should be higher than 200 shelter.
Choose the distortions that afflict children from each other in terms of intensity and duration and places of infection also, sometimes, be in the hands only, or the muscles of the feet or in the fingers or in the whole body.
Read Also – week of voice disorders in children
Mostly use distortions so large, and may appear in after feeling pain in the thighs, arms, especially the underarm, when you walk or move in motion, and these symptoms that come and go but they don’t vary the activity the person is forced to wait until you go to the symptoms then exercise your life normal again.
As to the symptoms of calcium deficiency in children that leads to osteoporosis, where bone mineral density, and osteoporosis makes them more susceptible to fractures, as well as the pain felt by the disability in the end.
Risk factors lack of calcium in children
Contain dark skin on a larger amount of melanin pigment, which reduces the skin’s ability to produce vitamin (D) of the rays of the sun.
Vitamin D deficiency in the mother during pregnancy
Cause the birth of a child suffering from severe lack of vitamin (D) with signs of rickets or develop within a few months after birth.
Lack of sun exposure
Children who live in geographical locations with less sunlight are at greater risk of rickets.
Tends to children born before the due dates to low levels of vitamin (D) because they have less time to meet the vitamin from their mothers in the uterus.
It seems that some types of anti-seizures medications and anti-viral used to treat infections of HIV, interfere with the body’s ability to use vitamin D.
Not the mother’s milk contains sufficient amount of vitamin (D) to prevent rickets, so it must be that children who are breastfed only on drops of vitamin D.
The ratio of calcium to natural children
Necessary to with regard to parents on the appropriate amounts for the body of calcium, so feed their children foods and alternatives to health that increase women and maintain the health of their parents of the symptoms of calcium deficiency in children.
Read Also weeks shyness in children
Age group quantity and the recommended daily
- Newborn to 6 months: 200 mg
- Children from 7-12 months: 260 mg
- Children of age 1-3 years: 700 mg
- Children of age 4-8 years: 1000 mg
- Children from the age of 9-18 years: 1300 mg
Guidelines to avoid illness, injury, calcium deficiency
To avoid injury to children with calcium deficiency and its symptoms subsequent which may last until adult, is necessary to do some steps including:
- Make sure that pregnant mothers get good levels of vitamin D during pregnancy
- Identification of children at risk of low vitamin (D) as accredited breastfeeding fully or darker skin, and start vitamin supplements (d) (400 units daily) from birth and continues until they are one year at least
- The introduction of solid foods to children at the age of four to six months
- Identifying and treating low vitamin D
- Spend some time in the sun to prevent low vitamin D
- Make sure that children and teenagers have enough calcium and phosphate in their diets (from 2 to 3 of dairy products each day) and if your child is allergic to milk, talk to your doctor or dietitian about alternatives
- Might help to include foods that contain vitamin (D) in your child’s diet to prevent rickets, such as fatty fish, fresh (like salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines), liver, mushrooms, egg yolk, cereals and dairy products
- Attention to the fact that foods provide a small amount of vitamin D, so necessary for adequate exposure to the sun
At the end of the article be exposed on the symptoms of calcium deficiency in children and natural systems have, if you notice these symptoms on your child you need to communicate with the doctor immediately.
It might interest you also: symptoms of magnesium deficiency and the consequences of that cash
It might interest you also: what are the symptoms of increase of metal salts on the body