According to a report published in 2019 from the National Cancer Institute in the United States of America to the Leukemia constitute 3.5% of the total cases of other cancers.
A cancerous growth stem cells (stem cell)in the bone marrow product for all types of cells in blood: red blood cells RBCs, white blood cells WBCs and platelets PLT.
This results in the cell cancerous cell production is able to carry out its functions in an abnormal.
For example, the function of the white blood cells fight infection and foreign objects, but in the case of injury to one of the types of cancers of the blood white blood cells are produced in very large quantities but are not able to do its job and be patient more vulnerable to infection of multiple types of infection.
Divided types of leukemia depending on the type of the mother cell and the extent of development of the cancer unit to:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia(CLL).
- Myeloid leukemia or chronic myeloid(CML).
- Acute myeloid leukemia(AML).
Respiratory symptoms of leukemia
Many people do not show symptoms in the early stages of infection with certain types of leukemia, or the symptoms evolve over time are difficult to be observed only when there is a CBC blood test. In the case of leukemia of the acute type the symptoms are more severe and need faster compared to the incidence of leukemia of the chronic type.
There are general symptoms can accompany a cancer of the blood including:
- Fatigue and general weakness.
- High temperature with incidence of frequent infection.
- Weight loss.
- Pain in joints and bones.
- The loss of appetite.
- Signs can in the body.
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck and armpit.
Symptoms of blood cancer
- Problems in the clotting of blood: caused by a fault in the manufacture of blood platelets responsible for the process of coagulation, and is accompanied by a delay in wound healing and the continuing bleeding of blotches red leather in the same color in the body.
- Lack of areas of the body: it is caused by a defect in the manufacturing of white blood cells responsible for fighting infection, which leads to dysfunction in the role of the immune system and the appearance of symptoms such as high temperatures.
- Anemia: caused by a fault in the production of red blood cells responsible for transporting oxygen to various parts of the body resulting in paleness and increased heartbeat and difficulty in breathing.
- Enlarged liver and spleen: this results from an attempt of the liver compensate blood cells and increase in the cracking of the spleen cells is abnormal and can be diagnosed by a doctor in the Rays for the top-left area of the abdomen. The attendant general weakness and loss of appetite.
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (2018) Leukemia, Available at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/leukemia/hp (Accessed: 15 November,2019 ).
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (2019) Symptoms of leukemia, Available at: https://www.cancercenter.com/cancer-types/leukemia/symptoms (Accessed: 15 November,2019).
- National Cancer Institute (2019) Cancer Stat Facts: Leukemia, Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/leuks.html (Accessed: 15 November,2019).
- Canadian Cancer Society ( 2019) Symptoms of leukemia, Available at: https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/leukemia/signs-and-symptoms/?region=on (Accessed: 15 November,2019 ).