Blood cancer or leukemia is infected blood cells, cancer, can develop cancer of the blood due to a problem in the production of blood cells, and in this article, we will explore the symptoms and causes of a cancer of the blood.
Leukemia is blood cancer or bone marrow cancer, bone marrow is responsible for blood cell production, and can develops leukemia because of a problem in the production of blood cells, usually affects the leukocytes or white blood cells.
Likely to affects the blood cancer or leukemia people over the age of 55 years, and is considered a blood cancer is the most common cancer among those aged under 15 years, cancer of the blood acute requires increases get worse quickly,but chronic leukemia is getting worse with the passage of time, andthere are several different types of leukemia, is considered the methods of treatment and the person to heal them depend on the type of source of cancer of the blood.
The types of leukemia
Before we get to the symptoms and causes of leukemia, we will explore the types of leukemia are:
Symptoms and causes of leukemia
Causes of leukemia
Requires cancer of the blood when the DNA of the blood cells developing, especially the white cells, in the occurrence of damage, this leads to the growth of blood cells and their can’t control it, and die healthy blood cells and cells of the new replace them.
Don’t die of the blood cells is natural when a natural point in its life cycle, but instead of that, piling on each other in the larger space, because bone marrow produces more cancer cells, start in the ski world in the blood, which prevents the white blood cells the proper growth and naturally, in the end, the number of cancer cells outnumber the healthy cells in the blood which cause blood cancer.
Symptoms of cancer blood
- Excessive sweating, especially at night is called Night Sweats.
- Fatigue and weakness which is no less with comfort.
- Weight loss.
- Bone pain and bone weakness.
- Swollen lymph nodes painful gas, especially in the neck and armpits.
- Enlargement of the liver or spleen.
- The appearance of red spots on the skin.
- Bleeding and the appearance of bruises easily.
- Recurrent infections.
Can cause cancer of the blood also symptoms in organs that have been infected previously with the cells of cancer, for example if the cancer has spread to the central nervous system, may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, confusion, loss of muscle control and seizures.
Read also: the symptoms of cancer.
The areas most prone to leukemia
- The lungs.
- Of the gastrointestinal tract.
Risk factors for leukemia
After that we know the symptoms and causes of leukemia, we will explore risk factors, where identified several factors that may increase the risk of blood cancer which include:
- Family history of cancer of the blood.
- Smoking increases the risk of developing acute myeloid leukemia.
- Genetic problems such as Down syndrome.
- Blood disorders, such as myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Previous treatment for cancer with chemotherapy or radiation.
- Exposure to high levels of radiation.
- Exposure to chemicals such as gasoline.
Also read: chemotherapy and expected results.
At the end of the article after that we know the symptoms and causes of leukemia , types of leukemia and factors of infection, you should go to your doctor when you feel any of these symptoms, and if you have any further queries you can consult one of our doctors here.