Sleep is more important than you think! Of course, had already passed the time I didn’t get enough the need of sleep and rest, do you remember how did you feel then? Fatigue, exhaustion, stress, anger, strangeness and clarity, saturation, and certainly do not want your child to suffer as well, so, here’s everything about sleep in children
Your child who was playing all day or spent a long day in school, play with friends and defeat the animal, his pet, and exercise and many different activities, and even on the dining table was asking a lot of questions and then did his homework after all that at the end of the day he needs his body and brain to rest.
Sleep in children
All living beings need to sleep more during the early growth stage, and your baby needs to sleep so that his brain from material recovery and neurotransmitters that have been used during the day, as can the brain during sleep to solve problems and store information better, and that the child has access to what he needs from the comfort and deep sleep ensures best activity and allows him to enjoy during the next day.
Children who are already getting a good sleep are the children: will own the ability of creative more – Enjoy of high concentration and the concentration of longer – they have a higher capacity to find solutions to various problems – they are the best in terms of taking positive decisions – have a high capacity for learning and discovery and remember the things that have been learned – have the intelligent social good they can create relationships with others and maintaining them.
It takes the child some time to regulate the biological clock he has (sleep-waking cycle) and depending on the light and dark, and this is exactly what explains why you have a newborn a disorder of sleep, and head home to sleep develops and regularly during the first six weeks of your child’s age, during 3 to 6 months already possess the child an internal biological clock (sleep cycle) basis.
When Don’t you get a restful sleep or enough of them feel tired, fatigue and suffer from cramping and the inability to think the way and the usual level, while the disorder of sleep in children can make them more nervous – causing them to hyper-activity and movement – the decline in intellectual capacity and many others.
Sleep stages five
Whoever said that sleep is boring! When you think that there is not what is happening… the room becomes blurred and your eyelids heavy even snore in deep sleep may see dreams might not see it, but the truth is just the opposite! Let’s go through the 5 stages consists of 4 phases (Phase 2 – 3 – 4 – R. E. M) each 80 – 90 minutes, can be repeated about 4 – 5 times with your child during the night, these stages are:
It’s the first phase of light sleep and you start feeling drowsy you have, but you can wake up directly easily as a result of any alarm, i.e., during this stage in the case I heard pictures of the car or closed the door to your room firmly you’ll wake up immediately.
After a short period on the stage 1 will enter stage 2, which will tells your brain to give signals to the muscles so you can relax and completely, as it tells your heart so should be a little slower and makes a lower implementation rate to lower your body temperature by a few.
To reach Stage 3, it means you’re in deep sleep and this phase is the phase of slow wave sleep, during which your brain sends signals to make your blood pressure drop, also at this stage your body does not have heat-sensitive around you won’t feel as if your room is cold or hot, waking up in be hard, but some people talk and they talk at this stage.
So now the stage 4 is the deepest stages of sleep and is the stage of sleep is slow-wave, and waking up during it is very difficult, and if I woke up in this stage you will surely feel confused for a few minutes, as in Stage 3, some people walking or talking during this stage, and specifically during the transition from Stage 4 to stage of light sleep.
The stage of R. E. M
Or stage rapid eye movement although the muscles of the whole body be in a state of completely relaxed, except that your eyes move through this stage very quickly back and forth under the eyelids, during which your heart beats at a faster rate and the implementation rate of less regularity, and at this stage people are dreaming of.
So dreaming of people through the stage R. E. M and therefore the person may see 4 – 5 dreams per night, but the difficulty lies in the possibility to remember it, can’t remember dreams unless I wake up during the stage of vision, which can remember the episode upon waking in the stage of E. R. M in the case of waking up in another stage not be possible to remember anything.
Signs of lack of sleep in children
Not getting enough sleep in children can lead to negative results for them and shows in numerous symptoms behavioral, psychological, intellectual and emotional, some can’t disappears as soon as you get enough sleep the next night but could extend for a long time, with regard to those marks:
- The child finds difficulty in waking up in the morning.
- He falls asleep fast after waking up and must stop it once again or several times repeated.
- Frequent yawning during the day.
- Suffering from fatigue and wants to take as much of sleep during the day.
- The child prefers to lie down during the day, even if it means giving up activities with friends and family.
- Feeling sleepy or sleep during the do different tasks or through lessons at school or by doing homework.
- Desire to eat products can sugars.
- The recurrence of infection and diseases as a result of the low efficiency of the immune system.
- Loss of focus and attention to daily chores and tasks as usual.
- Oblivion repeated.
- Disturbances in vision.
- Facing difficulty in learning.
- More volatile and severe.
- The child suffers from the neuro.
- Become more motivated and less thinking about doing.
The debt of sleep in children
The debt of sleep is a buildup of not getting sleep for several consecutive nights, when the accumulation of the debt of sleep can child suffers from a worsening in the condition or display of behavior or emotion they could be feeling overwhelmed and or in disorders such as depression – mood swings – bipolar disorder.
The number of hours of sleep that your child needs
There is no number of gold specific of hours of sleep that he needs all the children, but on average can identify a sufficient number depending on the age of the child, and depending on the condition of the child can discovery in the A if he needs more sleep or he gets what he needs or gets more of it.
Children up to the age of 6 months
Newborns can sleep about 18 hours a day divided evenly over the day and night, being woken up every 4 hours for as in the first and second week and then be possible to leave them to sleep for longer periods.
After that stage Can babies sleep for up to 4 – 5 hours once, which can feel hungry with it, can initially be a sleep for long at night is not something you get, but within the first three months the child sleeps about 14 hours a day and 8 – 9 hours of them during the night.
Children from the age of 6 months up to 12 months
Also at the age of 6 months babies need 14 hours sleep with a nap or 3 during the day so that the duration of each of them between half an hour to two hours.
Children of the age up to the age of two years
Sleep most children at this age about 12 – 14 hours a day, however, the desire of the child to remain with his parents can drive him to keep him awake more, and it is important that children have access to a nap though to bite the parents believe that the survival of the baby awake during the day helps them sleep at night but the truth is they will face more difficulty in sleeping when the baby is tired.
Children from the age of 3 years until the age of 5 years
Children need at this age to 10 – 13 hours of sleep to be mostly during the night with a nap in the daytime, and in general it is necessary to maintain a routine and healthy lifestyle for kids to ensure you get the deep and restful sleep so important to get away from the screens and noise, as well as to avoid feeding them sugars and stimulants before bedtime.
School-age children from the age of 6 years until 12 years of age
Children need at this age to 9 – 12 hours of sleep be at night, and at this age often begin to sleep problems as a result of the various activities in the school and home and in front of screens (computer, television, smart phones and other various devices…).
Adolescents from age 13 years up to the age of 18 years
Adolescents need the 8 – 10 hours of sleep per night unit but most of them don’t get that much sleep as a result schedules school full of activities and a lot different that they do during the day.
It might interest you: the number of hours of healthy sleep according to age
Sleep disorders in children
Can face baby many sleep disorders that affect the sleep schedule or move it from the possibility of obtaining a sufficient number of hours of deep sleep, the most important of these disorders:
- Insomnia and the child’s desire to sleep or excessive activity during the night.
- The delay in sleep and long hours and it goes on and accumulates if not adjust it early.
- Sleep apnea could be noticed on infants and children before school age, so when the almonds a great protein for the antenna.
- Excessive sleep during the day which affects feeling sleepy and baby sleep through the night.
- Nightmares watching scary dreams can make the child wakes up in the stage E. M (stage rapid eye movement) and feel the fear and difficulty in sleeping again.
- Sleepwalking is common in children between the ages of 3 to 7 years. 30% of them happen when The during sleep, which is the case when the bleeding child from his bed and moving, and he’s still sleeping, that can about 5 – 15 minutes, and can be a serious condition causing accidents.
- Bed-wetting (urinary incontinence) is a common condition and is not considered a disorder for people only in the case of the child was greater than 5 years and decided to have it more than twice a week.
Tips to ensure healthy sleep for your baby
Finally the following are some professional tips that ensure healthy sleep and all children:
- Maintain a sleep routine particular so since a young age (from the first weeks) so that The involves habits, soothing, sore Labour’s bath with warm water – lying in bed – turn off the lights…
- Working on your child to be active during the day so that they feel the desire and a greater need to sleep during the night.
- Make sure to remove your child from screens before bedtime with at least 60 Minutes.
- Make the bedroom quiet, secure and suitable in terms of lighting, temperature, sounds, etc.
- Make sure your child’s diet so be healthy and balanced and do not give him any sugar or agonists before bedtime with at least 3 hours.
- Talk to your doctor about the sleep habits of your child and discussed with him is turmoil in the case was suffering from any of them.
- Avoid evening your child even in the holidays because sleeping late will result in waking up late in the next day or debts get to sleep, so I keep a routine sleep permanently.
If sleep in children can be the most important for their body small and to disseminate their minds, so make sure he gets as much as you need them and make sure to deal with all the problems of sleep disorders suffered by them, and do everything you can to be a comfortable sleep and healthy.
It might interest you: