What is the process of almonds
The process of tonsils or tonsillectomy is the process of removing the tonsils, there are tonsils in the back of the throat on either side of the pharynx (Fossa tonsillar), and is considered the tonsils part of the immune system for your body, but removing it does not increase the risk of infection.
How is the process of removing the tonsils
Surgery can be performed to remove the tonsils in many ways, often the surgery is performed under general anesthesia while you sleep.
The surgery takes usually from 20 to 30 minutes, the patient does not feel any pain during the operation, the removal of the tonsils usually but may benefit some patients of tonsillectomy and partial.
There are several ways used in the process of removal of the tonsils and the physician will choose the technique best for the patient, and these methods:
- Electrocautery: this method uses heat to remove the tonsils and stop any bleeding.
- Anatomy of cold knife (steel): the removal of the tonsils with a scalpel, then stop the bleeding with stitches or electrolyte (extreme heat).
- A scalpel Variety: this method is used the vibrations of ultrasound to cut and stop the bleeding of the tonsils at the same time.
Include other ways to use the techniques of ablation uses radio frequency or a carbon dioxide laser or through the use of a microscope is small.
Reasons for the committee to conduct the process of the tonsils
There are several diseases in almonds make the doctor recommended removing them, and these things:
- Enlarged tonsils which causes obstruction in the airway or severe indigestion in swallowing or sleep disorders (snoring), or heart complications order.
- Be an abscess around the tonsils that does not respond to medical drugs and can only be cured if surgery during the acute phase.
- Recurrent tonsillitis, which leads to heat cramps in children.
- The strange growth of the tonsils requiring biopsy to determine the disease is malignant or not.
- Injury the child seven times of tonsillitis in a year or five times a year for two or three times a year for three years despite adequate medical treatment.
- Taste or smell unpleasant level of Art caused by chronic tonsillitis that does not respond to medical treatment.
- Chronic tonsillitis or repeated someone who is pregnant the infection of Streptococcus and does not respond to antibiotics.
- Enlarged tonsils unilateral where it is assumed that tumor.
Sites make the process of almonds
- The risk of severe bleeding, particularly in people who suffer from problems in coagulation.
- The risk of anesthesia or medical illness not disciplined.
- Infection acute the time of the operation.
What is the duration of the healing process after the process of removal of the tonsils
Choose the healing period after the operation to remove the tonsils from person to person may be the person some of the things which considered happen something normal after the operation, such as:
- Pain, and is common after the operation and it’s getting worse after 3 to 4 days of surgery. Often this pain is worse in the morning and May last for up to two weeks. So the doctor will give you some pain relievers.
- There may be contamination where removal of the tonsils, will my color when healed the area completely in about 3 to 4 weeks.
- There is a risk of bleeding after tonsillectomy. Decreases the risk of after 10 days.
What should I eat after a tonsillectomy
After tonsillectomy, the key to recovery is sure to drink sufficient amount of fluids. Often soft foods and cold more easily for about a week, but don’t hesitate to add things to your diet as long as you can afford foods. You should avoid solid foods and hot for some time after the operation.
Complications of tonsillectomy
The process of the tonsils is a common procedure, but they still carry some risk, some of these complications can occur during or after a tonsillectomy, to include:
- Reactions to anesthesia.
- Bleeding at the surgical site.
- Severe swelling of the surgical site.
- Bacterial infection.
- Lava and high temperature.
- Participation in development.
- Cleveland Clinic. (2019) Tonsillectomy: Recovery and Outlook, Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/15605-tonsillectomy/recovery-and-outlook (Accessed: 29 Nov .2019).
- Amelia F Drake (2017) Tonsillectomy Treatment & Management, Available at: https://reference.medscape.com/article/872119-treatment (Accessed: 29 Nov .2019).
- Karen Gill (2018) Tonsillectomy: the Procedure and recovery, Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323709.php (Accessed: 29 Nov .2019).