High blood sugar can be treated by using metformin as a drug because it contains the active ingredient metformin hydrochloride, which is a substance that affects glucose that the liver produces and works to reduce its absorption in the intestine, and thus insulin breaks down and sugar returns to normal, and stimulates secretion Insulin in the pancreas, and this drug helps to treat the symptoms associated with diabetes, especially weight gain and appetite disorders, and you can find all the information and details related to this drug through the following report.
Indications for use
This medicine is intended for the treatment of diabetics, who have been diagnosed with this disease through laboratory tests, and the main indications for its use include:
- Helps treat high blood sugar.
- It is used to reduce fat particles in the liver.
- It helps reduce the liver and kidneys' production of glucose.
- It helps the pancreas produce insulin.
- It helps treat overweight and obesity and reduces body fat levels.
- Helps stimulate ovulation and treat menstrual disorders in women.
- It is used to treat polycystic ovaries in women.
Januvia Januvia 100 mg price and description for diabetes
Dosage and usage instructions
This drug is available in tablet form in multiple concentrations: 500 mg, 850 mg, 1000 mg, and the dose is determined according to the patient's health condition and the severity of symptoms that he complains of, so you should consult your doctor to describe the correct dosage, and the indicative dosages are as follows:
- The dose required to treat PCOS starts from 500 mg once daily, and it can be increased up to three times per day and treatment continues for six months.
- The dose required for the treatment of obesity and weight gain starts from 500 mg twice a day, and can be gradually increased to reach 2500 mg throughout the day.
- The doses prescribed by the doctor must be adhered to without changing or excessive.
- Doses should be taken at fixed times daily.
- The tablet should be taken whole with enough water, without crushing or crushing.
Contraindications and precautions for use
This medicine is not used for some conditions that may have health problems, the most important of these contraindications are:
- It is not used for those who suffer from hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Do not use in conjunction with alcoholic beverages.
- Do not use for those who are dehydrated.
- It should not be used for people with heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- It is not used for those suffering from kidney problems.
- It is not used for those suffering from liver problems.
- Not for use for those with heart problems.
- Not for use by anyone suffering from a creatine disorder.
- It is not used for the elderly.
- It is not used in children.
Price and specifications of metformin tablets for the treatment of diabetes
The side effects
This medicine causes some side effects, the most important of which are the following:
- Feeling dizzy, nauseated, or vomiting.
- Digestive disorders and diarrhea.
- Blurred vision.
- Disturbances in concentration, confusion and forgetfulness.
- Severe sweating.
- Low blood sugar and dizziness.
- Rash, itchy skin, and allergy symptoms.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
- This medicine is not used during pregnancy, as it passes into the fetus through the placenta and causes weight loss and deformities.
- It is not used during breastfeeding because it passes through breast milk to the child and may cause health damage.
Driving and operating sharp instruments
This medicine causes dizziness, lack of concentration and blurred vision. Therefore, driving should be avoided during the treatment period until symptoms improve and the patient feels return to normal.
Preservation and storage of medicine
- Keep medicine out of reach of children.
- Protect from heat, moisture and direct sunlight.
- To be used during the expiry date stated on the package.
- Keep at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
This medicine is available in a package containing 500 mg tablets, at a price of 26 EGP.
On the pharmacy website, we have provided you with a report about metformin, a drug that is used to treat high blood sugar, and also works to treat ovarian cysts, weight gain and ovulation disorders, and is used under the supervision of a doctor without excessive or excess.
The pharmacy website welcomes all questions and inquiries via comments 24 hours a day.