Epileptic seizures can range from short, nearly undetectable periods to long periods of severe seizures, and these seizures can also lead to physical injury, including occasional fractures.
Seizures recur with epilepsy and usually have no direct cause, and isolated seizures for certain reasons, such as poisoning, are not considered epilepsy.
The cause of most epilepsy is unknown. Some cases are caused by brain damage, stroke, brain tumors, brain infection, or birth defects. Known genetic mutations are also directly related to a small percentage of cases.
Epileptic seizures are the result of excessive and abnormal nerve activity in the cerebral cortex.The diagnosis includes ruling out other conditions that can cause similar symptoms, such as fainting, and determining whether there is another cause of the seizure, such as alcohol withdrawal or electrolyte problems.
Epilepsy that occurs as a result of other problems can be avoided and seizures can be controlled using medications. These drugs are often available in about 70% of cases. For those who suffer from convulsions that do not respond to treatment, surgery, nerve stimulation, or dietary changes may be directed. All epilepsy cases last for life, and there are many people whose condition improves to the point that they refuse treatment.
The drug Keppra treats epilepsy and mental illnesses that cause serious health problems in people, as this drug is characterized by rapid and effective results in getting rid of the damage and psychological problems that a person is exposed to due to a lot of stress and problems, because the drug works to reduce epileptic seizures and prevent recurrence of infection, as well as to treat many Of other mental illnesses, and in this article on the pharmacy website, we provide you with important medical information about the price, properties and indications for using KEPPRA tablets, and now we will get acquainted with the dosage, method of application and side effects of the drug.
Indications for use of the drug:
- The drug is used to treat epileptic fits.
- Effective treatment for myoclonic seizures.
- Treats cramps and depression.
- The medication reduces the risk of seizures.
You may also be interested in: Price and specifications of SPECTRUM is a broad spectrum antibiotic
Dosage and method of use:
- The usual dose of the drug is 1000 mg twice a day, morning and evening.
- The usual dose for children 4 to 12 years old under the supervision of a specialist is 20 mg.
- The maximum daily dose of capsules is 60 mg.
You may also be interested in: Pricing and specifications of salinal drops for treating flatulence in children
Contraindications and warnings of using the drug:
- Do not use the medicine if the psychiatric patient has suicidal thoughts.
- Do not take this medication without consulting your doctor.
- It is not permitted for use in cases of increased epileptic seizures.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking medication.
- The drug is not used during pregnancy and lactation, nor is it used for people with hypersensitivity.
You may also be interested: price and specifications of the medicine telfast 180 for treating colds and influenza
Side effects of the drug:
- Sleep disorders.
- Mood changes, feelings of sadness, depression, and anxiety.
- Severe loss of appetite and sudden change in skin color.
- Swelling of the face, tongue and lips.
- Epileptic and manic seizures.
- Feeling dizzy and tired.
You may also be interested: Price and specifications of the montelukast montelukast tablets for the treatment of allergies and asthma
The price of the drug in pharmacies:
The medicine packages are available in pharmacies in the form of tablets with a concentration of 500 mg, at a price of 252 EGP.
You may also be interested: pharmacy treatment for varicose veins, self and home remedies, and how to prevent them