Diabetes, a disease prevalent in our current era, so many people wonder about the Prevention of diabetes even live a healthy happy life, let’s learn more about diabetes, the types, and how to prevent them, even enjoy our lives in happy, healthy, free from diseases, or even know how to deal more with this disease.
Known as diabetes, is a defect in the metabolism leads to high blood sugar. Says the hormone insulin to transfer sugar from the blood into cells to be stored, or use of energy. With diabetes, your body either does not produce sufficient amount of insulin, or cannot use insulin effectively. Can lead to high blood sugar untreated damage to the nerves, eyes, kidneys, and other organs.
Read also: know with us the methods of treatment of diabetes.
Prevention of diabetes
You can not prevent diabetes of the first type, however can lifestyle choices the same health that help in the treatment of diabetes types, the Diabetes Type II andgestational diabetes also help in the Prevention of diabetes as follows:
- Eat healthy foods, choose foods that contain less fat and calories and higher in fiber.
- Focus on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Increase moderate physical activity for 30 minutes a day.
- Taking a daily walk quick.
- Ride your bike.
- The exercise of swimming.
- If you can’t exercise long, dividing into its smaller, distributed throughout the day.
If you are overweight, the loss of the 7 per cent of your body weight, for example, 14 pounds (6.4 kilograms) if you weigh 200 pounds (90.7 kilograms), it can reduce the risk of diabetes.
Don’t try to lose weight during pregnancy, talk to your doctor about the amount of healthy weight that you have gained during pregnancy.
To maintain your weight, focus on permanent changes in your eating habits, exercise, motivate yourself by remembering the benefits of losing weight, such as heart health, more energy, improved self-confidence.
The drug sometimes is an option, as well as drugs for diabetes by mouth such as metformin, and may reduce the risk of Type II diabetes, but remain healthy lifestyle choices is essential. Should be checked blood sugar at least once each year to make sure no injury of Type II diabetes.
Read also: know the food diet for diabetics.
Prevention of diabetes and proper nutrition
Healthy eating is an essential part of diabetes management. In some cases, you may have to change your diet enough to control the disease. Blood sugar levels rise or fall depending on the types of foods you eat. Starchy foods, or sugar makes blood sugar levels rise rapidly, protein, and fats caused more of the incremental increases.
May recommend your medical team determine the amount of carbohydrates you eat every day, you will also need to balance carbohydrate intake with insulin doses, below are some tips for proper nutrition:
- Working with a dietitian can help you design a nutrition plan for diabetes.
- The right balance of protein, fats, and carbohydrates can help you control your blood sugar.
- Eating the right kinds of foods can turn into sugar in your blood and helps you to lose excess weight.
- Counting carbohydrates is an important part in the management of Type II diabetes, and can help your dietician to know how many grams of carbohydrates that should be ingested at each meal.
- In order to maintain steady blood sugar levels, try to eat small meals throughout the day.
- The emphasis on healthy foods such as: fruit, vegetables, grains, protein such as poultry and fish, healthy fats like olive oil and nuts.
Also read: sugar in the blood symptoms of height and low.
In the end, Dear Reader, we know more on how to prevent diabetes if you have any queries you can consult one of our doctors here.