Located the kidneys in the back of the top of the abdomen just below the right rib cage, and there are kidneys on either side of the spine, it is of vital organs are responsible for purifying and filtering the blood, and some cases to cause total pain and in this article we tell you the causes of pain kidney the different how to diagnose and treat.
Causes of pain kidney common
1 – urinary tract infection (UTI)
Urinary tract infection is a common infection usually caused by bacteria, but sometimes caused by fungi or viruses, although infection of the urinary tract usually affects the Channel Lower Urinary Tract (urethra and bladder), but it may also include the channel of the upper (ureter, kidney).
If the affected by the kidneys, and may include signs and symptoms:
- A rise in temperature.
- Pain in the back and upper side.
- Frequent urination.
- Constant desire to urination.
- Blood or pus in the urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Treatment of urinary tract infection
- As a first line of treatment of urinary tract infection, it is likely that the doctor prescribes antibiotics.
- If your kidney is infected (pyelonephritis), the doctor may prescribe medication fluoroquinolone, but if you suffer from urinary tract infection acute, the doctor may recommend that you come in to the hospital and take antibiotics intravenously.
2 – the formation of kidney stones
Kidney stones are formed mostly from deposits of solid salts and minerals, and can include the symptoms of kidney stones:
- Pain in the back and side.
- Constant need to urinate.
- The pain when urinating.
- Urination in small quantities.
- Of urine bloody or cloudy.
- Vomiting and nausea.
Treatment of kidney stones
If the kidney stones are small enough, it comes out of the body alone.
Your doctor may suggest medicine for the pain and drink up to 2 to 3 litres of water a day, and may also prescribe alpha-blockers; it is medicine want the ureter to help the stone on the traffic more easily and pain less.
If the stones bigger or cause damage, the doctor may recommend that surgery such as:
- Lithotripsy ultrasonic shock wave from outside the body (ESWL): this procedure uses sound waves to lighten the kidney stone into smaller pieces for easy pass out of the body.
- The use of kidney stones through the skin: in this procedure the doctor remove the stone surgically using telescopes and surgical instruments.
- Perspective: during this procedure; the doctor uses special tools to allow it to pass through the urethra and bladder either take out the gravel or open it.
Read also: the functions of the kidney — what it is and how trying it 10 ways?
Causes of pain kidney gas are common
1 – Shock nephrotoxicity (kidney injury)
- Shock renal is infection in the kidney from an external source, and may be injury to the external does not penetrate the skin, or injury to penetrate the skin as a result of penetration of a foreign body for the body.
- Symptoms of External is hematuria or Paul’s bloody and bruising in the area of the kidneys, the symptoms of infection sites are wounds.
- Measured shock renal on a scale of 1 to 5, where the first degree injury is simple, the fifth injury to bleed the kidney and separates it from the blood supply.
Shock treatment renal
- Can take care of most of the shocks of the renal without surgery with the treatment of the potential side effects to health such as discomfort, high blood pressure.
- Your doctor may suggest treatment is also normal. rarely is surgery.
2 – polycystic kidney disease (PKD)
Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic disorder characterized by the formation of cysts filled with fluid that grow on the kidneys, which is a form of chronic kidney disease and reduces kidney function and the potential to cause kidney failure.
May include signs and symptoms of polycystic kidney disease:
- Back pain and side.
- Hematuria (blood in urine).
- Kidney stones.
- Abnormalities of the heart valve.
- High blood pressure.
Treatment of polycystic kidney disease
- Due to the lack of a cure for polycystic kidney disease, the doctor will address the situation by treating the symptoms.
- For example; if one of the symptoms is high blood pressure, a doctor may recommend that some changes of food, along with inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor or angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE).
- In 2018, the FDA approved the drug “lost” which is a drug for the treatment of polycystic kidney disease dominant (ADPKD), a figure that represents about 90% of cases of polycystic kidney disease.
3 – thrombosis of renal vein (RVT)
Take the renal veins blood extracted oxygen from the kidneys to the heart, If appeared a blood clot in one or both, you know this case as thrombosis of renal vein (RVT), this case is very rare, symptoms include:
- Lower back pain.
- Hematuria or urine bloody.
- Lower production of urine.
Treatment of thrombosis of renal vein
Believed thrombosis of renal vein usually is a symptom of a latent state to another is nephrotic syndrome is a disorder Chloe causes the body’s secretion of large amount of protein in the urine, the doctor recommends in this case to:
- Blood pressure medications.
- Diuretics, drugs reduce cholesterol.
- The blood thinners.
- Immunosuppressive drugs.
4 – kidney cancer
Does not cause kidney cancer symptoms until the advanced stages, symptoms include:
- Pain ongoing back pain ongoing.
- Hematuria (urine bloody).
- The loss of appetite.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Intermittent fever.
The treatment of kidney cancer
Surgery is the primary treatment for most kidney cancers:
- Nephrectomy: the removal of the entire word.
- Partial nephrectomy: the tumor is removed from the kidney.
You may choose the surgeon open surgery (single incision) or surgery arthroscopy of (a series of small cracks).
Include other treatments for kidney cancer:
- Immunotherapy with drugs such as aldesleukin uniforms.
- Treatment with medications such as:cabozantinib, and are, the Wayfarers, the وtemsirolimus.
- Radiation treatment with rays of high energy such as X-rays.
Read Also: analysis of renal function and when to do it?
When should I consult a doctor?
- If you suffer from constant pain in the back or top sides, consult your doctor, there could be a problem in the kidney, and without proper care, and permanent damage can occur to the kidneys.
- In some cases like infection of the kidneys; it can lead the situation to life-threatening complications.
- If you have constant pain in the kidney area, or if the pain becomes severe increasingly, or interfere in your daily activities, consult your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
In the end, after knowing the causes of pain kidney different, if you have more questions or inquiries you can consult one of our doctors here.