Obsessive-compulsive disorder in children is one of the important needs that must be in the brain of those who deal with this age group, its prevalence rate is approximately 2%, and this is not a small percentage, so almost no class in a public school is without a child or two who have OCD. But why don’t we really see this percentage?
Simply because most of them are not diagnosed, and no one knows a need about them except at an older age, and very many cases that require treatment at an old age have the disease beginning in them from childhood.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder in general is an urgent idea that is often ridiculous and illogical. It recurs in the person's brain and in his action very intense anxiety, sometimes it is accompanied by an action or behavior that he feels he needs to do in order to reduce the anxiety and tension associated with the idea, but soon the thought returns and the cycle continues.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder as a disorder in children like adults, but the picture differs for several reasons, the most important of which are:
1. The expressive language of the child himself is still simple, and he cannot formulate what he thinks about or what he feels for adults, or give him names that we understand
2. Automatic response to a lot of children when one of the parents asked him – if someone took his mind, I mean – would you do that?
The child replies:
Or: I want to do that
So the parents translate this because it is an act of the will of the child that he wants to do
3. Symptoms that appear in the child at the beginning are not specific, such as if his mood is bad, or nervous and nervous, or introverted … And as such, we will often think about many other needs except for the subject of obsessive.
4. Many children consider the idea in their brain a secret, and therefore parents do not know its existence at all, as well as they know how it affects their children.
5. Sometimes the compulsive actions that come with the idea get mixed up with the routine habits that many children do normally at this age, such as their association with a specific game, or the brown teddy bear must be placed in a specific place in the bed before bed, or certain behaviors that the child must do before he sleeps, or A specific arrangement method for his needs or games, for example.
The most common picture that OCD in children and teens can manifest is
1. It contains germs . His hands can be contaminated if he catches something, and whoever follows this idea is behavior, such as that he touches any need with a tissue and if he touches a need with his hand, he will wash his hand for a long time.
2. There is insulting or defect in his brain towards a person, or it has a relationship to religion
3. He shows pictures of naked people, for example, often someone from his family, and sometimes whoever speaks with him now
4. Considering some numbers as sweet numbers that he likes to repeat, or some numbers as wild numbers, so he deliberately avoids them even if they come in the middle of ordinary numbers; He won't say it
5. There is a specific speech or voice in it that must be said and repeated
6. If the needs are necessary, they operate in a specific manner, such that when the wheel is closed, it is necessary to close the right leaf and the left side, and if you do not like that, it will be repeated from the first, and the intention of some must equal them.
7. Repeating some sentences or re-counting things, or asking those in front of him to repeat certain words more than once, or asking to repeat a question repeatedly.
8. Thoughts regarding illness or death of someone in the family
9. Ensure that the doors and windows are locked, re-check and re-check.
Medicine, there are some needs of this many children that she does .. I am myself doing her !!!! This is true, there is no need that we see from countries that mean disease
The main difference is to what extent this topic is a negative impact factor on his career (academic achievement, enjoyment of play) and social (his relationship with his family and friends)
The child who arranges his games in a specific way and then sleeps .. Other than the child who may spend an hour or two hours arranging the games and tense and very anxious if you don’t work like what he wants, and as soon as he does what he wants and calms down, the idea returns and anxiety returns.
In short : it has a repetitive, urgent, disturbing thought, accompanied by severe anxiety, sometimes accompanied by a compulsive act in order to relieve anxiety, consuming a long time and negatively affecting his life.
The treatment is: a cognitive behavioral therapy, about 8 to 12 times a week, in addition to drug therapy. With some, the rate of improvement is very large, up to the disappearance of symptoms completely, and the possibility of relapse is very small.
Of course, there will be alerts on the role of parents, who sometimes reinforce obsessive thoughts without what they think of them.
In short, this 😃
Thank you, dear listener, if you were here
Whoever did not get here doesn’t, thank you, of course