Sugar is fuel for the body that stir it is more carbohydrates that provide the body with energy and play an essential role in metabolism and to all the members of the body with a stream of blood; so that it can produce energy and do its functions. In general, we get sugar from the source of his first food when fasting the body re-manufacture of glucose and its risk in the body to maintain blood sugar at its normal rates that change during the day and depend on the food that is eaten individual Times of the amount of exercise activities of different nature so that the body tries to permanently adjust the sugar and its height is difficult to the individual with diabetes or to decline which threatens human life.
How the body tries to maintain blood sugar within the normal?
Get the blood sugar from the carbohydrates different that we eat in the food so that it is digested and converted into small particles carried by the blood in the stream of his the remaining portion of the excess of the body’s need is stored in the liver to form glycogen.
Is blood sugar control by hormones secreted by the pancreas and in a balanced manner according to his needs so that it secretes the hormone insulin when you eat. After eating, the rate of sugar in the blood as a result is the secretion of insulin from the pancreas to adjust sugar levels after eating by way of transfer of members of the body to take advantage of it and get rid of the excess amounts from the body’s need. Also preferably, the pancreatic hormone glucagon in fasting so that the work on the liberalization of the sugar warehouse and to compensate the body’s need for glucose.
Normal rates of sugar in the blood
Vary the proportion of sugar in the blood varies depending on the time that is measured during the day as affected by the presence of food, the latter addressed the individual and timing in relation to the time they were screening it in order to be considered the blood sugar in its normal rates should be as follows:
- Fasting ( 8 hours without any food ): 70 to 99 mg / dL.
- After eating two hours: less than 140 mg / dL.
- Stocks sugar A1c : less than 5.7 %.
Health problems associated with blood sugar.
Due to the sugar feeding the members of the body and assist in maintaining its vital functions the body tries to maintain it within its normal rates there are a number of organs and systems in the body help in the organization and its decline in the blood to copy the threats to human life and height, whether temporary or chronic, such as diabetes.
Commonly the occurrence of low blood sugar in patients with diabetes of the first type may occur in patients with diabetes Type II as a result of some types of medicines. Know hypoglycemia it is low blood sugar less than 70 mg/ dL may occur in healthy people Gas diabetes in cases of fasting or after food intake several hours, a hernia sugar hyphen to the brain and muscles in such a case there must be taken actions that serve to bring it back to normal.
There are a number of causes that lead to falling blood sugar
- The use of medication insulin dose greater than usual.
- The use of certain medications that increase insulin secretion like sulfonylureas.
- The use of some types of medicines or herbs like cinnamon and ginger.
- To be the individual interests of other health problems such as: underactive thyroid gland or cirrhosis of the liver are.
- Poor nutrition or poor absorption of food so that it does not benefit the person from the food they eat.
- Of sleeve gastrectomy operations or the operations of excision of part of the gut.
- The high proportion of insulin in the blood like a disease now.
Symptoms of hypoglycaemia
- Feeling of headache, dizziness and general fatigue.
- Blurred vision.
- Help the heartbeat.
- Severe sweating.
- The feeling of nausea.
- Anxiety disorders.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar for its normal rates may occur in occasional in some diseases or injuries may be chronic such as diabetes has indicates a high likelihood of infecting the individual with diabetes later; there are a number of reasons that increase the likelihood of an individual of high blood sugar such as:
- Some diseases such as Cushing’s syndrome or PCOS.
- Infections such as: infections of the chest wall.
- Some types of medications such as steroid and diuretics.
- Feeling pain for a long time as in the case of fire did not keep his pain from the secretion of some hormones that help in raising blood sugar.
- The low rate of activity and any exercises.
- Having a history in family of diabetes.
- Weight gain and obesity.
Symptoms of high blood sugar
- Extreme thirst, more than usual.
- Frequent urination.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Blurred vision.
Diabetes is diagnosed if these symptoms the blood sugar more than 200 without maintenance, or if the blood sugar after fasting 8 hours more than 125. For more you can read our article about diabetes here.
- Drugs.com (2020) Non-Diabetic Hypoglycemia, Available at: https://www.drugs.com/cg/non-diabetic-hypoglycemia.html (Accessed: 1 Feb 2020).
- Drugs.com (2020) Nondiabetic Hyperglycemia, Available at: https://www.drugs.com/cg/nondiabetic-hyperglycemia.html (Accessed: 1 Feb 2020).
- Güemes M, Rahman SA, Hussain K (2015) What is a normal blood glucose?, Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26369574 (Accessed: 1 Feb 2020).
- Paris J. Hantzidiamantis; Sarah L. Lappin. (2019) Physiology, Glucose, Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545201/ (Accessed: 1 Feb 2020).