Many people experience digestive problems after taking antibiotics . Approximately 1 in 15 people may be allergic to this type of medication. So can a natural antibiotic be used? What are the best types of natural antibiotics?
The best natural antibiotic
Natural antibiotics have been used in folk remedies for thousands of years and across various cultures. Among the most prominent natural antibiotics:
The use of garlic is well-known for its curative and preventative powers across the world. Studies have proven the possibility of using garlic as an effective treatment against many types of bacteria, such as:
Although the use of cooked garlic is safe for consumption, studies indicate that the use of concentrated garlic (large doses) may increase the risk of bleeding, which may cause internal bleeding .
Therefore, it is not recommended for use if you are undergoing surgery or if you are taking blood thinners, which are used to prevent blood clots.
And eating two cloves of garlic a day is an acceptable dose. If you are taking a garlic supplement, follow the dosage instructions on the label or consult your doctor.
Honey has been used as a natural antibiotic from ancient times to the present day, as studies have proven that it is effective in helping to heal wounds , burns, and ulcers. This is because it contains hydrogen peroxide .
It is also high in sugar, which may help stop the growth of some types of bacteria. Although manuka honey contains less hydrogen peroxide, it is also resistant to bacteria.
One study, conducted in 2011, stated that the most popular type of honey can inhibit roughly 60 types of bacteria.
Honey can be used by eating it to treat internal infections or using it as a natural antibiotic by applying it directly to the wound or the affected area, which helps to kill bacteria and speed up the healing process.
Although eating honey is generally safe, it is not recommended to give honey to infants under one year old.
Ginger is an effective antibiotic, as many scientific studies have confirmed its effectiveness in fighting many types of bacteria. Ginger has also been shown to treat seasickness , nausea, stimulate blood circulation , and reduce levels of fats and sugar in the blood.
Traditionally, cloves have been used in dental procedures, because cloves can be used as an effective treatment against many types of bacteria, including Escherichia coli.
Onions are known to contain flavonoids that have an antibiotic effect, and they also contain medicinal sulfur compounds called cysteine sulfate, just like garlic.
So, onions can be used to prevent pathogens, by adding them to foods.
- Chop and leave for about 10 minutes to increase the phytonutrient content
- Add coconut oil to sliced onions or grated onions
- Then it is mixed with raw garlic
6. Myrrh extract
The researchers concluded that the use of myrrh extract may be effective in eliminating many daily pathogens, such as:
Although eating myrrh is generally safe, excessive consumption of it may cause diarrhea , or some people may suffer from a rash if it is placed on the skin. Also, overuse it may lead to heart problems.
7. Thyme oil
Thyme essential oil is a natural antibiotic that has proven effective in fighting many types of bacteria, more effectively than lavender oil , especially against antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Thyme oil is for external use only, and cannot be taken orally. Pilot thyme oil must also be diluted with equal parts carrier oil such as olive oil and coconut oil, before applying it to the affected area.
8. Oregano oil
Oregano oil (oregano oil) is one of the best natural antibiotics, because it contains the component Carvacrol, which helps speed up the body's healing process when inhaled. Marjoram oil is also used to help heal stomach ulcers and reduce infections.
Oregano oil is safe to use, but it should not be taken orally. You should also avoid using it as a concentrated oil on the skin, and dilute it with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin.
- For treating fungal infections on the skin: Add one drop of essential oil of oregano to every teaspoon of carrier oil. Then the mixture is applied to the affected area.
- For treating sinus infections: Oregano oil is spread in the air in order to help relieve sinus infections, or by using a few few drops in a steam bath.
When to use antibiotic drugs?
Most doctors do not prescribe antibiotic drugs unless necessary. However, it may often be prescribed to take it in some cases, such as:
- Preventing the spread of an infectious disease
- Preventing the disease from getting worse so that it does not become dangerous or fatal
- Rapid recovery from illness or injury
- Preventing the development of complications
In the event that the doctor prescribes antibiotic medication, the full dose must be taken as directed by the attending physician. Especially for people who are more susceptible to bacterial infections, or who may face greater risks if they contract the disease. Among these people:
- Who has been decided to undergo surgery
- He received chemotherapy
- Being infected with HIV
- Taking insulin for diabetes patients
- Suffering from heart failure
- Recover from serious wounds
- Those over the age of 75
Precautions when using
- Not everything natural is necessarily safe, as the amounts and concentrations in supplements differ for different brands.
- Also, some people may have an allergic reaction to any of the antibiotics. Therefore, it is recommended that you read the product label carefully before use.
- It is not recommended to use any of the essential oils without first diluting them with a carrier oil.
In the end, it must be noted that a healthy, balanced diet, along with the use of natural antibiotics, may help to strengthen the immune system and resemble a faster recovery. For medical consultations, you can contact a certified doctor through this link.