The contents of the article
The problems of high level of uric acid in the body multiple, caused a lot of diseases that affect human life, so the drug allopurinol helps reduce the symptoms of those diseases, if you are afflicted with gout or kidney stones due to increased production of uric acid, certainly dealing with the tablets allopurinol, so find out more.
What is the medication allopurinol Allopurinol is?
Medication allopurinol the words on the tablets of the family of inhibitor of enzyme access, used in the treatment of gout and kidney stones by reducing the production of uric acid the causative agent of these diseases in the human body.
Usually the result of injury increase the uric acid in the body, by the intake of medicines for cancer or patients who suffer from kidney stones, but allopurinol does not increase the risk of stone formation in the kidneys, so it’s appropriate with people who suffer from the disease.
The scientific name of the drug
The company producing the drug
Multiple companies produce the medication allopurinol Allopurinol trade names are different but contain the same active ingredient.
The composition of the drug
- Allopurinol 100 shelter
- Allopurinol ALLOPURINOLUM
- Allopurinol ALLOPURINOL
Use of allopurinol Allopurinol
Uses medication allopurinol Allopurinol in the treatment of high uric acid in adults, high blood serum and diet uncontrolled diseases caused by increased level of uric acid in the body (such as gout, kidney disease).
Uses of medication with children in the treatment of nephropathy due to the treatment of leukemia or birth defects.
What are the forms of pharmaceutical medication allopurinol for?
Over medication of allopurinol in tablet form in packs of two:
- Pack contains 30 tablets (or)
- Pack contains 20 tablets (300 mg)
What are the reasons for the use of the drug allopurinol is?
Uses medication allopurinol Allopurinol in the control and treatment of certain diseases, as well as its ability to improve some health conditions and symptoms, including the following:
- Cure for gout.
- Treatment of kidney stone disease.
- The treatment symptoms of high uric acid level in the body.
- Treating the symptoms of cancer medication blood.
What are the contraindications of the use of the drug allopurinol is?
There are a lot of sites use of the medicine allopurinol Allopurinol for some people including:
- Of people who suffer from allergy to one of the components of the active substances of the drug.
- Prevents its use with people who consume alcohol, and is necessary to stop the intake of these drinks before taking a treatment period of not less than one month.
- Prevents its use with drugs covered by the elderly to treat diseases of aging, only by your physician to avoid interaction of the drug with other drugs.
- Prevent the use in case of intake of other medications only under the supervision of a doctor to avoid drug interactions between the used types of treatment.
- There are warnings for use of pregnant women.
- Prevents the use of the drug during breastfeeding.
- There are reactions improved drinking with some medications, so essential consult a doctor.
What are the side effects of the drug arellopurinol is?
There is a list of the side effects of the drug allopurinol Allopurinol and that is why it is always advised not to take medication without a medical consultation, doctors also recommend the use of specific doses and simple for patients, to prevent the occurrence of those symptoms:
- Pain in the feet
- Swelling in the joints
- Pain in the abdomen and
- Bleeding in the gums
- Ulcers on the skin
- Skin pale blue
- Worried and anxious
- Insomnia the inability to sleep.
- Bloody stools
- Changes in skin color
- Pain in the chest
- The feeling of chills.
- Cough or cough up blood.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Constant headache
- Dryness in the mouth
- Cases of syncope
- Slow in a heartbeat
- Sore throat
There are some of the most dangerous symptoms including:
- Blurred vision and confusion
- Change in taste
- Difficulty in speaking
- Help people
- Loss of appetite
- Memory loss
- Runny nose
- Light sensitivity
- Swelling of the joints
- Know the level of
- Swelling of the breasts
- Swelling of the salivary glands
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients, if you notice any other effects, consult your healthcare professional.
What are the precautions to the use of the drug allopurinol is?
There are precautions are necessary to follow with some cases of when to use allopurinol Allopurinol including:
- You should undergo to the blood lab first before taking the drug
- You must perform tests for kidney function, liver
- During pregnancy: it is recommended that women during pregnancy stay away from medication as much as possible and to risk more than its benefits.
- Lactation: it is not yet proven that it allows to take the drug during lactation, so you should avoid it during that period.
- The elderly
How to use the medication allopurinol
Taking the tablets at doses determined by the physician.
What are the drug interactions drug allopurinol is?
Drug allopurinol is not from the drugs that have a history of trading and drug interactions, but there are some warnings from the group of drugs to directly interact with medications such as:
- An antibiotic such as ampicillin or amoxicillin
- Diluted blood such as warfarin
- Medications diuretic
What is the dosage of allopurinol for children and adults?
Think the dose of allopurinol Allopurinol on the physical condition of the patient, the age, the guidance of the competent physician
Dosage of allopurinol for children
Determined by the doctor according to the weight of the child, so as to allow a doctor to take it, because it is better not to suffer his children
Dose medication allopurinol for adults
As the doctor determines the condition of the patient and the requirements of his body is usually intake of 200-300 mg daily in cases of gout, and in severe cases is the intake of 400-600 mg daily.
In the case of its use to a cancer patient, the recommended 600-800 mg daily for 2-3 days after chemotherapy or radiotherapy, and kissed him also $ 2 a day.
In the case of use for patients with calcium stones, be used in a daily dose of 200-300 A, and then depending on the result of the analysis of urine.
Brand names drug allopurinol
- Buren get
- Noir your
- Laura you
- Story – 100 mg
- Story – 300 mg
- Hey pure
- New York
- York pure
You have to know the interaction of drugs may increase the side effects of the drug, so you may be using the medication alone better you, as you have to consult your doctor in the medications you are taking before beginning doses of allopurinol.
How should you address medication allopurinol for?
Recovering drug allopurinol Allopurinol as described by your doctor exactly, with the follow all the instructions on the poster to access and read all the evidence of drugs or leaves the instructions.
Taking the medication with a full glass of water, to minimize the risk of formation of kidney stones, you should drink 8 to 10 full glasses of fluid every day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
You can take medication with food if allopurinol upsets your stomach, there are some allergic to capsules of the drug, so it is recommended to follow this solution.
In the end have to know all the information about allopurinol and its symptoms and its effects, and its uses.
The information contained in the indicative only, and refer for a specialist before taking the drug determine the appropriate dosage according to each case
It might interest you also: medication colchicine Colchicine | treat gout
It might interest you to identify: what are the symptoms of gout?