Monitoring of low sugar in blood is important for patients with diabetes, particularly and other diabetes public, so you will know in this article What is low blood sugar in general, and what are its causes, and ways to prevent it.
What is low blood sugar?
- Low blood sugar, or also known as deficiency of hemoglobin in the blood, can be dangerous, and it can happen hypoglycemia in people with diabetes, who are taking medications that increase the levels of insulin in the body.
- May lead to eat a lot of drugs, or leave meals, or eating less than usual, to lower the blood sugar in these individuals.
- Knows blood sugar also known as glucose, comes glucose from food, and as an important source of energy in the body. After eating, glucose is absorbed into the bloodstream, where it travels to the cells of the body hormone called insulin, which is made in the pancreas, this hormone helps your cells to use glucose for energy.
- If you eat food glucose more than you need, then your body stores it in liver, muscle, or turns into fat, so can be used for energy when you need it later.
- Without a sufficient amount of glucose, can not be for your body to perform its natural functions, you will learn to lower sugar in the blood.
Read also: what is low blood sugar causes.
What are the symptoms of low blood sugar?
Symptoms of low blood sugar can occur suddenly, and include the following:
- Blurry vision.
- Rapid beating of the heart.
- Changes sudden mood swings.
- Fatigue and stress unexplained.
- Skin pale.
- Difficulty in thinking clearly or focusing.
- Loss of consciousness.
If you suffer from these symptoms, it has reduced the rate of sugar in the blood without to notice it, without immediate treatment, may happen to you fainting, or may enter into a coma.
Sugar in the blood very low is a medical emergency, if there is someone you know diabetic, and suffers from mild symptoms of low blood sugar, ask them to eat or drink 15 grams of carbohydrate easy to digest.
If there is someone suffering from severe symptoms, such as loss of consciousness, or trance, he can talk to the doctor about getting prescription medication called glucagon. You should never give any unconscious person anything by mouth because it may cause him to choke, and you can also contact emergency services immediately.
Ways to prevent hypoglycemia
There are several ways through which you can prevent the shortage of sugar in the blood, including:
The commitment to examine the sugar patrol
Can help you examine your blood glucose regularly to maintain normal level for, talk to your doctor about the number of times necessary to check your blood sugar.
Advisable to eat snacks rich in carbohydrates in case of shortage of sugar in the blood, such as granola, fruits, fresh or dried, juice, fruit, pastries, and biscuits.
Also read: snacks that must be dealt with by the diabetic patient.
Consume exercise energy the body, which may lead to a lack of sugar in the blood quickly; so try to play sports regularly, avoid exercise directly before sleep.
Listen to your doctor
If you follow a particular plan in your diet, or taking drugs that increase the insulin, to control the lack of sugar in the blood, it is important to stick to the plan that he gave you to your doctor; and to prevent a decrease in the proportion of sugar in the blood.
Read Also: How to deal with low blood sugar.
In the end, after that you know, dear reader, on the meaning of low sugar in the blood, its symptoms, prevention methods, if you have any queries, you can consult one of our doctors here.