Do you suffer from difficulties in falling asleep even in the event you feel a lot of fatigue? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and for long hours and can’t sleep, the bar are watching the clock? If you are, this article will help you in getting about the sleep difficulties and the methods used in the treatment of insomnia.
Is the inability to sleep , or difficulty in continuing to sleep through the night, leading to lack of activity and stress. This is a common problem occurrence, and lack of activity, and in more and also affect activity daily. It may also lead to chronic insomnia to serious health problems.
And because people differ in the amount of sleep that is sufficient to their need, the restlessness knows the quality of sleep with a sense of comfort after and not the number of hours. If I spent 8 hours in bed trying to you to sleep to no avail, and felt unwell, dizziness during the day, it is possible to be suffering from insomnia.
The causes of insomnia
Although insomnia is the most prevalent among sleep problems, only that he intends to present to another. Has different reason from person to person and causes what is the cause of my body, including what is considered to be for the same reason, and these reasons:
- Psychological problems: such as depression and bipolar disorder and.
- Physical ailments include chronic pain or congestive heart failure, chronic fatigue syndrome, overactive thyroid, lung disease, chronic case, the height of the esophagus and obstructive sleep apnea.
- A change in the hormones especially in the time of the menstrual cycle in women.
- Change in sleeping habits or change in sleeping environment.
- The intake of the drug.
And the good news here is that most cases can be treated through changes in your lifestyle you can do on your own without relying on specialists in sleep or resorting to prescription or take tablets to sleep. By addressing the underlying causes and make simple changes to your daily habits and the environment of the bedroom, you can cure your insomnia and get to sleep.
What are the symptoms of insomnia
- Waking up for a long time and the inability to sleep.
- Sleep for short periods only.
- Waking up often during the night.
- Feeling tired like you haven’t slept.
- Waking up early.
- Sharp changes in mood.
- Difficulty in concentrating during the day.
- Irritability and the inability to independence.
- The feeling of permanent anxiety.
When I turn to the doctor
You must ask for help if insomnia has become a pattern, or if you frequently feel tired or lack of recovery during the day in a way that affects your daily life. Many people have brief periods of difficulty sleeping (for example, a few days after starting a new job), but if it continues for longer or is happening regularly, you should ask for help.
Talk about a way to contact the doctor to primary care. If your doctor is familiar with sleep disorders, we will guide you to the next steps, which may include an assessment and further testing, or referral to a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders.
The treatment of insomnia
May start to your doctor also provide some information and basic resources about healthy sleeping habits, may help these safety tips some people who suffer from insomnia, or discuss medical treatment options and potential which must be taken into account. Your doctor can guide you to a specialist myself if seemed to sleep difficulties associated with depression or major modification in life.
Treatment of insomnia non-pharmacological
There are psychological techniques and behavioural can be useful in the treatment of insomnia, which can learn some self-examples include:
Relaxation training or progressive relaxation of the muscles
The person knows the tensile systematic and relaxation of muscles in the different areas of the body. This works to calm the body were and enter into sleep. This includes: tennis, alertness, and meditation techniques.
Helps build a relationship between the bedroom and through the identification of the type of activities allowed in the bedroom.
Examples of control stimulus, don’t go to bed unless you feel sleepy and out of bed if I stay awake for 20 minutes or more. These techniques will help you to break the relationship is not healthy between the bedroom and the rest awake, it also includes sleep restriction a strict timetable includes time for sleep, times of waking, the bed only when a person feels sleepy.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
Behavioral changes such as:
- Keep time sleep active product.
- Get out of bed after waking up for 20 minutes.
- Dispense a nap in the afternoon.
- Avoid drinks that contain caffeine near bedtime.
It adds a component of knowledge, or “thinking about malaria”, this therapy includes challenge the arrests and fears about sleep and how to think positively. There are a lot of research that supports the use of Cognitive Behavior Therapy in order to get rid of insomnia.
Treatment of insomnia pharmacological
There are different types of medications assistance to alleviate the Insomnia of what is taken without prescription and the other prescription of a specialist.
Identification of medications that may be suitable for you to symptoms of insomnia and the many factors various health, this confirms the importance of talk with your doctor before using any medications to help.
Include the main categories of drugs:
- The group of benzodiazepine hypnotics, non benzodiazepine.
- Group allaboutasians such as: medication zopiclone “eszopiclone”, the medication Zolpidem. “zolpidem”.
- Drugs Act on the receptors of melatonin.
- Jasvinder Chawla (2019) Insomnia Treatment & Management, Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1187829-treatment (Accessed: 23 Nov. 2019).
- SLEEP FOUNDATION () Insomnia, Available at: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/insomnia/treatment (Accessed: 23 Nov. 2019).
- National Library of Medicine (2019) Insomnia, Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/insomnia.html (Accessed: 23 Nov. 2019).